Random short stories I wrote in my contemporary writing class--

Anything in bold is just a title.

And TW: Civil war and suicidal thoughts

Pfft- We're just friends!

“How long will it take for youse guys to admit that you like each other. Like- honestly!” Pennsylvania yelled. He was sick of Ohio and West Virginia’s crap. It was so obvious...

The other two states looked at him confused. “We’re just friends, Penny,” West said, snuggling into the other man’s side. If looks could kill they would both be dead... PA glared daggers at them.

“That’s it! I’m done here!” He got up from the couch and left.

“Weirdo,” Ohio said, taking a sip of his... Adult grape juice... West nodded, yawning a little. “Cuddle time?” Asked the mid-western state with a smile.

“Cuddle time.”

“Yay!”

.
.
.
.
.

Blow out the candles

South Carolina ran through the thick trees of his state panicked. He had gotten Georgia, but he was not going out that easily... He could feel the burns already forming on his body from the Ohioan’s attacks.

That man is nuts.

Crazier than Florida even!

South Carolina sobbed quietly as the pain grew increasingly unbearable. He could not stand it. The Southerner's vision worsened as he persisted, trees turning into fuzzy green and brown spots around him.

He could hear the distant marches of that mad man’s army.

He did not want to die.

Not just yet.

Right..?

This war had done enough to him. Starting this Civil War was a god-awful idea. South Carolina tripped on... something. Not like he could see it. He screamed as he fell. The pain felt even worse now. To the point where death was considerable.

He did not get up.

He should have, but if Ohio was going to kill him. He deserved it wholeheartedly.

He closed his eyes and drifted into sweet, sweet, unconsciousness.

.
.
.
.
.

Gov we cannot keep the puppy.

“Gov. Put it back.” I.D.C said angrily. Her much shorter cousin shook his head, hugging the small Huskey tighter in his arms. “G-”

“No! I am keeping it! And Ima call...” He checked under the hood... I guess you could say. “Him Adam!” He said proudly, the woman growled slightly. They already had a total of 48 people living in the statehouse not even counting D.C, or District of Columbia.

“I swear you act like such a child for being a governmental figure.” Gov simply stuck out his tongue in response and proceeded to pat the small puppy’s head. “Woooooooow. Real Mature. There cousin. Real mature...”

“Oh, shut up!”

Ok that's all-

Their all short lol