Popular Monster (Cali angst) (Unfinished)

Hi-

More cannon kinda cus cities in head. Anyway-

TW: Self-hatred, a lot of fighting(?), and idrk-

Enjoy :)

---

California groaned, opening his dull green eyes. Not ready for another day of suffering. He stayed there for a minute, just embarrassing the cold hug of his bed. Yes cold... His room is always kept in the coldest temperatures. Helps with the fires.

Rather reluctantly he climbed out of bed. Always hard to let go of something so nice. "Hey, Diego."

"Yes?"

"Is there something that involves me leaving the only safe place in the house?"

"W-Well, you have a meeting today with the south mostly. At around 4. Some of the northeast are also supposed to be there."

California let out a loud groan. Fuck his life. All of the south and most of the Northeast hated him. Except for maybe New York, he never really insulted him. Or at least not to his face. "Thanks, Deigo. You're the best."

"Tha-"

"I'm clearly better I mean. I'm one of the most popular cities in the USA!" Damn it L.A... "Shut up. We get it. Everyone fucking loves you." Sacramento yelled, something rare. California gripped his hair tightly a painful headache forming.

"Guys not now plea-"

"NO! SACRAMENTO SAY THAT TO MY FACE DICK HEAD!!"

"OH YEAH!? I SAID SHUT UP!! NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR DUMBASS THIS EARLY IN THE MORNING!!"

The golden state fell to the floor. His headache growing stronger and stronger as all the cities in his head began screaming. Always. He closed his eyes, this did happen often for him. The pain would eventually subside and they would all calm down.

Right?

California quickly shook off the thought, starting to at least try to deescalate the situation. But it all went black.

+Time skip+

"Has anyone seen California? He's never late and the meeting only started 10 minutes ago." Gov asked, looking up from his papers. He much like D.C gave stated a 10-minute late free pass. After the 10 were up is when they'd get in trouble.

"Nah. He's probably sleeping, the bitch would. He looks like Georgia most of the time. Just more hipster than southern." Tennessee remarked, earning a sharp glare from the peachy state before he huffed and turned away. "Ass." He mumbled.

"Are you sure you ain't heard from him at all?" Florida asked, worry laced with his voice. The state worried about everyone. Even if it looked like he didn't at all most of the time. "Yeah, ain't seen him since last night. He left after he finished dinner and that was it." Gov's southern drool came about a bit in that one.

Maine shrugged, "He should be fine. He's 'California the golden state' with all his riches he can buy himself out of anything." New York rolled his eyes, growling a little. He never admitted this but California wasn't all that bad. It's not like he'd say that to his face, if anything he doesn't say much at all to him. Or anyone really. Talking about others just gets him uneasy, whether behind the back or not.

"Money doesn't buy you everything. Like a reason to not kill you. Shut the fuck up with that. I'm going to get him."

The Empire state got up and left, taking his time to walk to Cali's room. Without even a knock he opened the door, letting a small gasp escape his lips.

Kids?

They were small and... Beating the ever-loving shit out of each other. Kinda tempted to record it, he opted to just break up the fight instead. "L.A LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!" One yelled, New York grabbed him, instantly stopping their fight. "Who the hell are you? Where is California?!"

He felt a tug on his trench coat. Looking down he saw a little boy, holding all of his clothing, neatly folded in his hands. "The fuck?! DID YOU GUYS KILL HIM?! I KNEW KIDS WERE LIL' HUMAN DEVILS I-"

"NO!!" The boy shouted, then he put on California's beanie. "We are California. The cities that is. We- We had a big fight... And he broke apart. "

"Oohh~ sorta like us!" Rochester commented. "Shut up. I wanna see where this is going." Albany spat.

New York let out a sigh. "Names?" He asked. God, he wasn't exactly fit to be a babysitter...  "I'm San Francisco." The boy in that hat said, adjusting his blue shirt.

"And I'm Sacramento... Please put me down." The one in his hand said. New York ignored his request. "My name is San Diego, I kinda look after California." New York laughed, to be fair a child telling you he looked after a state would be kinda amusing. "Oh yeah, kid? Why does the California need a child to check up on him eh?"

"Probably because of assholes like yo-" He covered his own mouth quickly. What a nice first impression... New York grinned. "You're now my favorite, anyway colorful one. You go."

"Names Las Angeles. I'm the best one here. But call me L.A~"

"I like you the least. Anyway. Come on we have a meeting. We can talk... About... Whatever the hell this is here..."

+Another Timeskip+

"So... CHILDREN!?" Georgia beamed, N.Y somewhat nodded. Motioning back to the cities. "How... Do we put him back together?" Gov asked, uncomfortably.

"When Sacramento and L.A decide they wanna put him back and stop arguing." San Francisco said with a sigh. "Pffft- I'll do that when this guy admits he isn't the best. There is New York City who is the most populous city in America. That and his ass is too expensive." Sacramento laughed a little. L.A groaned. He hated the mention of NYC. 

"Ahhh yes. Please feed my ego." NYC whispered. New York again rolled his eyes. Sick of his own cities. "You know New York you don't look half bad~" L.A said grinning slightly. "What the hell- Is he seriously...." San Diego just left after that. L.A had always been a flirt. But with a random state? Ugh.

"You know child, Fuck off." New York also left... Couldn't blame him.

L.A frowned, while Sacramento started wheezing.