Chapter 7: The Same Reasons

Chapter 7

The same reasons.

"Hyung, where are we going?" One asked in a jittery voice. I saw him slightly panting while his hand was on his knees, supporting his body.

It's actually cold, yet he's sweating.

He wipes his sweats using the sleeve of his blue pullover. We are indeed walking on a upland, but I did not expect him to be this weak. He doesn't look like one either.

"To the hangout place," I replied. I looked around and saw a small cafe nearby, "Let's have a break over there then." I told him, trying not to sound worried.

"How can be there are only arcades and computer shops around here?" he asked with disbelief in his tone,

"There's actually no weird about that. This is where most students hang out after their classes." I told him.

"That's why there should be cafes." he resorted.

"You don't need that if there's street food around." I replied, "It's Saturday today, so." I added and went to the counter to order.

I was waiting for my turn when my eyes noticed all girls around our table were eyeing him. He seems dense about it, or perhaps he doesn't care about it this time.

I came back with a strawberry drink and blueberry cheesecake for him, while lemonade for myself.

I just sat down when a girl approached our table to get Jungwon's number. He looked at me, asking for help, but I ignored him. For some reason, my mood turns sour, and there's short of uneasiness awaken in my body.

"S-sorry..," He refused gently. The girl just smiled, looking cool with it until "Do you have a girlfriend?" She asked directly.

I glanced at the girl then the little guy in front of me. He looks relaxed than I expected him to be. Why do I want him to panic?

"Uhm.' he replied as he nodded. He did not even think nor blink. I can't help but frown as my brows furrow. The uneasiness I don't know what for doubled together with series of pangs inside my system I can't even point out which part.

I kept my silence, trying to figure out what is this unfamiliar and irritating feeling and emotions all about. This can't be jealousy over him for stealing girls' attention as I always wanted those away from me.

"Hyung, what's with that look?" I was cut off from thinking when I heard One's voice that brought me back to reality. I saw him with a concerned expression while checking me with his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I don't even know what look I'm giving him. I nod as unexplainable emotions continue to take over my body. I sipped on my lemonade, thinking it could cool me down, but it did nothing.

"You did not tell me you have one," I commented. I tried to sounds normal because, weirdly, those thoughts making my stomach spin and worse.

I thought maybe because he did not tell me, that's why I have this unfamiliar and unexplainable feeling. Still, then that's just doesn't makes sense because Why I should care about that?

I continued debating within myself until I heard him laughed. I bit my lips, trying to hold my irritation and frustration as I shut my eyes tightly, ready to leave anytime,

"Hyung, I lied," he whispered.

My eyes landed on him. He leaned forward to me as he said that in a whisper, just enough for us to hear.

Unbelievably those unfamiliar feelings that hunt me slowly vanished. The circling on my stomach and even the pangs attacking my system stops invading my body.