Chapter 43.2: Never Not

Chapter 43.2

Never Not

I slowly walked away from her. I saw her on the cold ground after looking back in the distance. She was crying so hard I could hear all her sobs and whimpers,

I closed my eyes hard, as I hit my chest with force too hurt at sight, I wanted to go back to comfort her, but I did all my best, not too afraid I would bring her more pain and knowing she didn't want me to be that.

I continued walking while crying till I reached my car, just then I saw Jake staring at me with tears in his eyes, obviously hurting at sight.

I couldn't control my knees anymore when it gave up on me on its own, helpless and regretful how everything needs to end like this, way too much to take, too painful and forlorn. "I'm sorry. I c-couldn't keep the promise." I told him as my voice cracked, I covered my face with my palm and cried hard, letting all the tears I suppressed a while ago.

Jake didn't say anything. He just watched me and nodded. I could hear his footstep walking towards me and stopping in front of me. He gently tapped my shoulder as his way of comforting me but didn't say anything.

I looked at him and saw him glancing at me. "He said he will be waiting for you," he said with tears in his eyes. "S-somi told me to tell you," he added. That made me confused for a moment, then I slowly turned, stunned... bawled harder.

Jake just beamed at me painfully, not only for himself but for the love of his life. Tears continued to fall even my eyes were already tired of crying. Still, they seemed won't dry and continued to fall as all pain rushed to me, not only for myself but everyone. It hurts. It just hurt so much, even there was a hint of ease. It was just so hard to let everything end just like this.

My system was twirling in pain and relief, but I didn't know what's emotions were more vivid.

"I will take care of S-somi. You should go now, mate," he added as he wiped his tears and walked away from me.

My sights were blurry, but I managed to run and drive my car. I could only think of one person that would wait for me and one special and particular place where he could be.

My heart was full of pain, yet tapping hard at the thoughts he was there, I hope that I was thinking the right thing. I wished and prayed hard on my way that he was really waiting for me this time.

There was only darkness in the road, but I carefully drove on the different upland way to the person I love the most, and I longed to be with,

I did, after breaking one's heart. I feel so cruel, but there is only one person in my mind right now.

After parking my car, I didn't waste any moment and ran to get through the dandelions bush fast as I could not minding even sharp grass enough to slice my skin brings cut on my body,

I couldn't suppress my tears when I saw one standing there waiting for me, just like he said. He was looking at me with a soft smile on his lips as tears rolled down his eyes.

I let out a deep breath as I supported myself, holding on to my knees. I was relieved seeing the person in front of me as tears gushed down out, living the dream happening right in front of me tonight.

My own sobs and whimpers were heard in the place that belonged to us. Cries of longing, sufferings, misery, and pain about to end were listened to aloud.

"J-Jungwon," I called him as my voice cracked. I could see clearly how tears threaded his cheeks as he smiled at me more without any restraint on his system.

I could see in his eyes that he was waiting for this time to come. We were both waiting, even we were unsure if this was really going to happen., and I'm glad we did.