Chapter 16: Whole World And Universe

Chapter 16

Whole world and universe.

After that night, something tells me that we understand each other more and are closer than before. Perhaps those stories made it possible for us. And let us open up to one another without trying to hide the stories we considered too sad to tell and thoughts that we kept with us for years.

It could also be because we found comfort in each other stories, something so ironic yet assured us that it's okay and we're doing well...

"Jay hyung.." One called me in a small voice. He was on his phone when he looked at me and spoke, "Riki said they're on their way here." As he shows his phone to me. "He said you're not answering the phone, so he texted me instead." He added, explaining as he smiled at me.

I just nodded and gave him a small smile, "It's in my room." I told him. He just nodded and immediately went back to the pile of worksheets in front of him.

It's just a few weeks away now before their winter vacation. So it's not surprising he's getting busy same with me that has a final exam coming up for the current semester.

I'm on the couch reading some printed reviewer material made by myself. Like I've said, I may seem not the type who studies, but I do, even I suck at it.

I was turning the page when our doorbell rang. It must be them, One is about to get up, but I tapped his shoulder, insisting, so he could focus on his schoolwork.

"You've studied for weeks now. Don't you get enough of study dates?" Jake teased as soon as he entered the dorm. Riki just laughed and tapped my shoulder. They already knew we were studying, yet they still came here to disturb us.

I let myself fall on the couch as I watched Riki place the food on the table. "We bought chicken, mojos, and pizza for snack." He announced. One thanked him, but I just shook my head, "Buy bread next time." I simply said fed up while reading my reviewer.

"Pizza has a crust." Jake pointed out, indicating it's bread with toppings. I ignored him and converged on reading when he suddenly snatched my reviewer. I automatically glared at him. "Give that to me, asshole," I told him with a warning tone.

I'm starting to get annoyed because everything was just peaceful before they arrived, and now we're in total chaos.

"What? Since when you became a study freak? Thought you like cramming?" He resorted, trying to make fun of me.

"Yeah! Like genius will understand the struggle." I replied back with slight disdain,

For some reason, Jake has stable academic life. He sleeps at class yet survives economic, business, and any classes top-notch, While I study my ass off and get an average result to almost everything.

I grasped back the reviewer and rolled my eyes at him. He let me do my thing while he sat next to me to play with his phone. Riki, meanwhile, is taking an interest in One's schoolwork and reading the papers he just finished,

"This looks hard." He whispered. I wanted to tell him that's the future waiting for him but decided not to, afraid it would scare him away.

"Jungwon hyung, your birthday is coming up. What do you plan to do? " Niki asked him,

As soon as we heard that, Jake and I looked at each other. He has this playful smile on his lips while I remain serious.

"I don't have a plan yet," Jungwon replied without looking at us, still writing on his papers.

"How about you, hyung? Did you plan anything for Jungwon hyung?" Niki asked me. He was asking that out of curiosity. I just stared at him blankly.

Shamefully, I do not actually know when is Jungwon's birthday,