Chapter 37: Trainee

Chapter 37

Trainee

We had a simple dinner date last week. I brought her to the restaurant with overlooking views of the city here in Seoul. I also drove her home afterward. That was always the case after dinner and every date we had.

I stared at the body mirror in my condo to check how I looked. I was wearing a black suit for today's meeting. I fixed my necktie to look more presentable and professional.

I have an early meeting today with a few stakeholders, so I need to look formal.

After being satisfied, I got my car keys, things and drove to the office. It's not actually far from my condo as it's both in the center of Seoul.

The guard and employees greeted me as they crossed paths with me. I just nodded at them to acknowledge them,

My office is on the top floor, where the conferences halls and rooms are. There's no other department there, and off-limits to everyone unless they have an appointment. The guys, Somi and others, are exemptions.

"Good Morning Sir, The trainee assistant will be here in a while. I'll introduce him to you." Yujin, the secretary told me, as she follows me to my office,

I couldn't help but frown, I never had a trainee here, and I don't remember agreeing to have one. I looked at her confused, but she just proceeded to talk. It would be nice if she could be attentive.

"For your schedule for today, Sir, You have a meeting at 9:00 am at the conference r-"

"What trainee assistant do you mean? I just heard about this, and I never agreed about having one. We never trained one too." I cut her to ask as I place my bag on the swivel chair and sat down with a frown.

"It was on the Internship List folder you signed last week, Sir.' She replied nervously.

I scowled more. "What? But we never had a trainee in this office? Everything here is a confidential matter. Why would you put a trainee here." I said, starting to get annoyed.

"You checked it too. Why you didn't tell me if about it," I added too. As far as I know, it was in her job description to read such papers to see if there was something to report to me.

"I'm sorry, Sir, I should have told you."She apologized. "Should I put the trainee on another department, sir?" she asked.

I glanced at her and saw her so scared. I calmed myself down. I seem to forget how scary I look every time I get upset and serious.

Unlike dad, I could get quite strict when it comes to things like this at work, especially with my secretary. She can make mistakes, but I will make her aware of it, not to repeat the same mistake. I'll scold her if needed. Her job can cause losses to the company. What if she forgets to report a critical schedule to me next time?

"Try to find other departments to train him," I instructed her. "And talk to HR about this thing. I don't want this to happen again," I added without looking at her while looking for a particular file.

I let out a deep breath when I found it and wore my glasses as I opened my computer, "What's scheduled for today." I asked her so she could tell me now,

"You have to attend board meeting together with Mrs. Park at 9:00 am and Meeting with Mrs. Min at 2:00 pm. You also have scheduled a meeting with Mr. Choi at 5:00 pm, Sir," She said, reading her notes.

I just nodded and dismissed her. I looked at her when she was still not leaving, quite looking pale. I tried to regain my composure and loosen up, "It's okay. Anything else?" I asked her in my usual tone.