Chapter 43: Right Way To Love You

Chapter 43

Right Way To Love You

The clear sky has fallen deeper with the blanket of shining stars and enchanting moon freely adding to the beauty of sereness above. Winds continue to envelop and touch my skin, but the ice inside me seems colder than the night breeze to feel cold seems like used to it now.

I waited, leaning at the railings of the upland where I am as I gazed at the city lights below me. It looks majestic from afar, different when you're actually on it. They said there are things you could only see the beauty from afar, and I think these are one of those.

The city lights are indeed more beautiful in the distance. Picturesque Shining brightly and lively colorous without the noises it creates. It looks so inviting from afar and a perfect place to be in, but once you're in it, you'll realize how could eyes and emotion be so deceiving.

"Jay." It wasn't long before the person I was waiting for arrived. I glanced at Somi, who's smiling at me gently in a white dress looking so beautiful, elegant, and simple, just like the first time I saw her back then,

Tears pooled my eyes as I looked at her and returned her smiles. That night, words said by Jake were heard once more in my mind, replying nonstop, waking me from all guilt that could hunt me and how wrong I was.

"I'm sorry..." I murmured almost a whisper as I glanced at her when she stopped in front of me. She smiled more with pain as she nodded. Tears ran down her cheeks, but she immediately wiped them away.

It's been almost a month since I saw her, yet sorry was the first word I managed to say, and making her cry was the first thing I did. I didn't ask why she asked me to meet with her. I let her take her time that seems like she needs the most right now.

There was a long silence between us. I didn't move from where I am, and she didn't make any advances. She just stood beside me as we watched together the quiet night sky full of the seabed of stars and observed the city below us. Worshipping the peacefulness different from the chaos it really offers.

I glance at her once more. She was in deep thoughts, drowning in her own mind as her tears pooled her eyes. It wasn't long when...

"I've been thinking..." she started, I could feel blues in her voice, I looked at her lips curled and form a sad beam as she bit it, "All words you said that night.'" She added. She looked down to hide the tears that made it more painful to watch.

Just how many times I would make her cry?

"I'm s-sorry, I didn't mean to h-" she didn't let me finish my words and said, "I'm glad you did," she cut me, then stared at me with tears rolling down her eyes as she let out a small pretentious laugh.

"I'm glad you did, Jay," she repeated with a smile, surely to cover up the pain like she always did.

"It must have been tough for you..." She added, "Keeping those thoughts and dealing with me for five years without a choice." she said, as tears continued to withdraw in her eyes with their own accords.

"It must have been tough for you to even just see me. You must have been too tired of hating me till you feel nothing. You must have suffered a lot because of me not being with someone you love, all because of me." she said. She covered her face with her palm, hiding the tears surged nonstop as she tried her best to say every word whole.

Seeing her like this hurt. I felt like being splashed with cold water. Being awakened from all the burden I gave her that night and the guilt of dumping everything on her. She doesn't deserve me and my words. I wanted to hug her to comfort her, but my feet wouldn't move. I ended up watching her cries in front of me like always.