Chapter 29.2: Home

Chapter 29.2

Home

I am now wearing the suit mom sent me. It was a black suit and tuxedo pants. She also sent me black patent leather shoes to go with it. I wore white a white slim fit shirt inside. Even though it is required to be formal. It doesn't need to be that formal.

My mom's fashion taste never failed. It looks good on me. I wish One could see how I look right now. But I can't even send him a picture, afraid it would just end up bothering and worrying him thinking about what might happen tonight.

The suit isn't hugging my body tight but fluttering it. It has a relaxed fit on me and looks classic on me. The white shirt made it balance. The pants made sure to show how long my legs were and tall I was. I did not bother fixing my hair and putting on extra effort instead of combing it and letting it rest in its natural style.

Denying I look good and satisfied with myself is too humble. So I won't deny it, every time I wear a suit, there's also one thing I always realize, 'I really look like dad.' The version of him when he was young. People around us would always tell and remind me.

From these almost blank yet cold eyes of mine. Quite a thick arc dark brows and every feature of mine as well as the intimidations I radiate. They are all similar and something I got from dad.

When my phone beeped, I glanced at it and saw a text from mom saying the driver was already waiting for me at the main entrance.

I gazed outside through the glass wall and saw these dark skies with stars shining on them brightly. I found myself calling One, trying to find more strength to go through tonight, afraid I wouldn't be able to make it back. I don't want to come back to him shuttered.

He answered it before the third ring, "Yes, love?" He asked with the most lovely tone I heard. I know he was busy, the sounds of chitchats of people in the store can be heard in his line,

"I love you," I told him without bushing on the bushes. Blues hits me arduous, but I was able to smile bittersweet.

"I love you too." He said softly, melancholy. I can imagine how he looks right now. The spark in his eyes must be slowly fading as it changes to tears pooling on its side, same as mine, thinking we need to be strong and not to let it fall. As if it was the basis.

"I know. I got to go now love, I'll see you home in a bit." I assured him as that's the only I could do for him right now.

"I'll see you later. I'll wait for you." He said, sounding comforting.

I nodded, even he couldn't see it before ending the call. I let out a deep breath before walking downstairs. I was still on the stair when I saw this familiar car waiting for me in front of the entrance.

Dan Hyung stepped out of the car to open the door for me, but before he could assist me, I stopped him,

"Hyung, It's okay. I'll do it," I told him, then gave him a small smile. He's been my driver since I was a child until I got my driver's license. I see him no different from a brother figure.

"Like always. Looks good." He greeted me then patted my shoulder gently.

"That's a given!" I joked to lighten the atmosphere. I sat on the front seat instead of the back seat. He just let me, I've always wanted to sit here back then, but the child wasn't allowed to do so.

"You grew up so fast. It feels like it just yesterday when we keep squabbling about you seating on that seat." He reminisces.

I smiled bitterly, "I never won once." I replied, then sighed, acting a little disappointed.