Chapter 46.2: Promising Forever

Chapter 46.2

Promising Forever

We're now at the dining table. They bought a bucket of chicken, rice from a famous fast food and an ice cream cake for dessert. They seem still in the middle of the cold war, a barrier the younger built between them.

"Thank you for the food," we said altogether, then started eating. Jake immediately tasted the pasta, the younger one started with chicken, but One was eating the ice cream cake first.

He met my gazes, but he just smiled innocently. I heard Jake laugh a little, "One did not change, still cute." Jake said, so I glared at him. He just smirked.

"Love, eat some meal first," I told him as I put the pasta on his plate. Ice cream before a meal is not good. I don't want him to have an upset stomach later, so I couldn't let him enjoy that first.

Good, he knew I meant well and nodded after eating the ice cream on his spoon. I also put the ice cream cake in the fridge for a while to not melt before we eat it. When I was back, he was eyeing Niki even though the child did not bother to return his glances when they were facing each other.

We were seated opposite sides facing one another. Jake and Niki were in front of us while sitting side by side, same as us.

"Here, have some more," One offered, then put a drum stick on the child's plate, Niki looked at him for a second without expression, but he did not say anything.

Jake simply tapped Niki's leg under the table, causing Niki to look at him a bit annoyed,

"Thanks," he said dry without looking at One and continued eating.

One still smiled and said, "Welcome." I feel bad for my Love. I know he was trying his best to make up with him. He understands the younger very well, the reason why he let Niki do whatever he wants and allows him to treat him the way the younger want.

"What do you want to do, guys, after our lunch?" One asked, diverting the topic may be trying to find ways to bond with the younger.

"Can we drink here? I miss drinking with my mate," Jake said as he looked at One, then me. I rolled my eyes at him. "Niki will accompany you.," Jake said, trying to help the two as he looked at Niki, now glaring at him.

"Hyung, you always can, But don't drink too much. Just within your capacity." One said, reminding us, then laughed.

"You can join us too if you want," Jake told him,

One shook his head, "You guys catch up. I know you missed each other," he said, teasing us, "And I can't handle alcohol well." he replied kindly, refusing.

"How about you, Niki? Is there anything you want to do?" One asked him, sounding and looking hopeful, we all looked at him, but he just replied, "I want to go home." in a monotone without removing his eyes on his food,

Jake and I looked at One's reaction, and we both could tell he was crestfallen in the cold response he received. He still maintained his smile even tho his eyes looked beyond melancholy.

Jake was about to say something at Niki When One told him not to and continued to eat his food,

"Just play video games or watch movies with your Jungwon Hyung," Jake said instead of scolding him.

"Who's my Hyung?" Niki said, sounding quite irritated, which surprised us. He doesn't give us this attitude, which was the first time it happened.

I saw One's worried expression, so I looked for his hand and held it as I caressed it softly.