Chapter 22: All Ways

Chapter 22

All Ways

Jay's Point of View

It's our last night here before our flight tomorrow. It's pretty late, so Jungwon was already sleeping so soundly when I checked him in his room. I kissed his forehead before leaving can't hide the slight smile on my lips out.

I'm staying at their house. Granny invited me to just stay here as they have a spare room, We haven't told her yet, but for some reason, I can tell that she already knew even before we can say it.

I saw granny sitting on the wood chair in their front yard. I was able to find a small blanket, I picked it and attended to her to wrap it on her shoulder, "Keep yourself warm granny." I told her politely.

She looked at me a little surprised but still beamed at me, "Thank you, Son," she spoked.

The starry skies and moon looks beautiful even though it's not in its full shape, the wind continues to embrace us softly,

"You should sit, son." She invited me. I smiled at her and did what she said. It was a minute full of silence until she decided to break the ice.

"Please don't hurt my Jungwon." She started. Even though I already had a hint, she knew. That still gotten me surprised. I feel bad making her talked about it first, before us. It doesn't feel right.

"We don't mean to hide it. Perhaps we're both... trying to find the right time to say it," I added, embarrassed. Not because I like his grandson but because this happened.

"You actually don't need to. Your actions are enough to tell." granny replied with humor.

"I'm sorry, granny." That's the only thing I managed to say.

The wind blows quite cold, but I'm sweating. The vehemence continues to hit me, but I don't plan to make excuses to avoid this kind of conversation as I know well myself. I want it too.

I have always wanted Granny's acceptance or approval to be someone special to his son. I want her to bless our love not only because she's the most important person to one and I wish One to be happy, but I want her to trust and entrust her grandson to me and assure her.

"No, Son, You don't have to be sorry, I should have waited for you to say it yourself, But I figured you must be too afraid to say it." She said with such serene eyes as the night.

"I should have been brave enough," I told her with regret.

She was right when she said I was too afraid...

"Being brave sometimes doesn't mean rushing things. It's taking things your pace." She added with a bit of a smile on her lips.

I can feel the warmness in her voice and expression. I can't help but feel a rush of overwhelming warmth and serenity in my system. This must be the reason why Jungwon loves her so much.

"Are you okay with it? Us being together?" I finally asked her. It was a question I always wanted to ask her. Something needs enough courage and a solid heart to bring up.

She smiled at me and nodded, "Honestly, I'm also worried, but then I want One to experience worth-it pain, rather than pure suffering." She replied.

I find her answer confusing, 'Worth it pain' Is there something like that?

"He will be hurt loving you just the way you will for loving him. The path of love you chose surely not going to be a bit easy. I'm well aware he will be judged, questioned, and such. Still, then..." she did not finish her sentence and asked me instead of a question. "Would you rather not be with him, just not to go through the hassle of loving him?" she asked me meaningfully.