Chapter 21: Choices

Chapter 21

Choices.

Jungwon's Point of View.

"Happy birthday to my baby." My grandma said. I smiled at her brightly, hugging her back.

"I'm literally an adult now, granny." I reminded her, I turned 19 (Int'-age) and just entered adulthood today. I'm on legal age now. They said once I turned adult, I would feel it right away. Perhaps it's not yet sinking.

"Even you're senior, you're still my baby," she added, a little bit grumpy. I just nodded and scrunched my nose with soft laughs.

"Thank you, granny," I said, then wriggled while hugging her. She just laughed and patted my back before letting me go.

"I'll cook seaweed soup for you, my little baby," she said happily, then pinched my cheeks. I just nodded at her as I watched her go to the kitchen.

My phone has kept ringing and vibrating since a while ago because of birthday greetings, But none of them are from the person I want the most.

Did he forget? I keep asking myself that.

Jake Hyung and Riki already greeted me, same with the other guys, maybe they will remind him later, But that made me quite sad. I'm actually expecting him to greet me first. 

We also haven't talked for few days. We have only texted each other for 3 days now. He seems busy, and I understand that since it's their final exam, but it should have finished 2 days ago. 

Did I do something wrong or said something during our last phone call? I keep recalling, but I failed to find something.

I decided to text him. I typed too many times and words and ended up saying...

To: Jay Hyung

Hyung, Are you busy?

--

Hours passed, and he did not reply. I couldn't help but sighed every time I checked my messages and answered calls, not from him.

I'm thankful for the greetings, but I can't help but feel frustrated and lacking... As if something is missing...

I entertained friends and neighbors who visited to greet me. It was mid-afternoon, now, so the sun rays were harmless.

They even bought gifts and alcohol to celebrate my adulthood. Our front yard garden turned into a bit of a party place full of music, chitchats, and simple dishes made by my granny.

"Granny, Thank you." I thanked her and kissed her forehead. You could say I'm grandma's boy, and I won't deny that. She's my everything in this world and the one I lived for.

"It's good to have a sweet baby like you." She told me, then squeezed my cheeks.

I scrunched my nose cutely. I acted normal like I always did. I don't want my granny to worry about me. She's too old for that.

My mom and dad arrive separately. They have this birthday cake they always gave me since they left me here. Everyone sang me a birthday song and congratulated me. I blew out the candles and as everyone waited for me to slice the cake. I gave the first slice to my granny after that, every one slice for theirs afterward.

"You're an adult now, Jungwon. I'm glad you grew up so well." My mom told me, all I did was nod. My dad also said the same thing but more. "You've been independent all this time. Mom and I have been sorry for that. You're finally an adult now. I know you can take care of yourself well and grandma." he added as he patted my back.