Chapter 33: My Promise To You

Chapter 33

My Promise To You

Jay's Point of View

"Sir, Here's the other documents that need your signature." Dad's secretary told me. I looked at the pile she had in her hand and nodded,...

She was about to leave when, I halted her by talking, "I just finished this one, Please send it back to them today if possible. Thank you." I said while handing her five folders. "Any schedule today?" I asked her,

The middle-aged woman smiled, "No, Sir, You don't have any schedules today,' she replied. I nodded sign for her to leave.

This is my life inside the office. My hours ran with reviewing documents and meeting with clients and potential investors. Dad's company is all about automotive, same as Jake's. It is something I don't have a passion for but has an understanding of it. Something will be natural if you grew up listening to it and watching your parents work hard on it.

Now I understand Dad's absence during all years. I'm experiencing it myself, and it wasn't near hard, but far harder. I couldn't believe he handled all of this all alone, same with mom.

The company isn't stable, investors are leaving, and finding one seems far from possible. The company reaches far worst status. Doing my best is not enough. I'm waiting for a miracle, I figured, but still try all I could do even if I need to make his office a temporary home until I could stay with One.

Somi's Dad also kept putting pressure on me, I could feel his indifference, and I understood entirely. I wouldn't like the man to if he's going to treat my daughter like how I treat Somi.

I'm indeed trash for doing that, but it was the only way I knew to push his daughter away and wake her up from all of this, I didn't mean to hurt her, but it always ended up like that. I know that actions and words could hurt, but nothing will change if I won't help her understand and realize that there's no chance for us.

Somi's Dad and I talked just a few weeks ago. They wanted me to show up to the engagement. It's just a week away from now. He warned me to call it off, together with the merging, If I choose to embarrass her daughter.

I know he doesn't want it himself, but he loves his daughter very much. he almost lost her once. Perhaps that was why he agreed to what she wanted when he knew so well, I don't love and couldn't love his daughter as much he does.

I actually didn't know what to do. All I knew was I was preparing for the worse and let everything slip by my hand, including my parent's hard work. And thinking, Mom, doesn't have a plan to stop me laments me more.

Everything was exhausting. Every day, it became a cycle of waking up for silent cries, anxiousness, and war of emotions, mind and around us. And the only thing that keeps me going is One and us being together, knowing everything will end soon.

I'll be lying if I say there's no time I doubt my own decisions or I was on the brink of giving us up. But I always find myself fighting for him and us more every time I do. There's the time it gets tougher, but the thoughts of living without him were a lot tougher, harder, and scarier for me. A lot than losing everything I have.

I was working with some documents when my phone vibrated. I looked at it and saw One's name on the screen. I opened his text message that said,

From: Love

Can I have you all for myself tomorrow?" I really miss you a lot. I love you.

It was short but sweet, never failed to put a smile on my lips. If I'm going to lose him, who's gonna make me smile like this,