Chapter 39: Without Her

Chapter 39

Without her

It's been days since One and I had our last conversations outside this work and trainee relationship. The line between us slowly established, and just like he wanted, we treated each other like no other than a stranger.

I hate how it seems so easy on him. I hate how he withstands everything so well when it drives me crazy not to give him a single glance and attention.

Just how can he do that? I know there's no point, but still, how could that be possible? Was I being played by emotions I saw on him that day, or he doesn't love me anymore as he used to?

I pressed the intercom as sleepiness, dizziness, and headache started to hit me. I've been only having 3 hours of sleep for a week now, but I still couldn't afford to sleep tight because of workloads.

"Ms. Yujin, please bring me some coffee and print me an extra copy of Mr. Ram's proposal for later," I instructed. I leaned back on the chair and closed my eyes as I massaged my temples, hoping that would lessen my sleepiness and dizziness.

"Okay, sir, Give me a minute," she said formally.

These past few days, One didn't almost enter this room as I let Ms. Yujin do all the work, I was doing him a favor, and I hope he was happy for what he wished for. Including being able to make it more comfortable and easier for him.

It pains me, but this is for the better. As he said, it will be a lot easier. We both know this is the right thing to do. I didn't meet his eyes or even talk to him, no matter how hard not to. There were times when there was no choice but to interact, but I always made it formal. I didn't even know how I made it possible when it was breaking me inside.

Ms. Yujin knocked three times before entering the room. She placed my coffee for me and a copy of the proposal.

"Thank you," I said, but she didn't leave, so I looked at her. She looked nervous for some reason. I sighed and signal her to just say whatever she needed by nodding slightly, still enduring my condition. Today was supposed to be One transfer, but I saw him on her desk a while ago.

"Sir, I'm sorry. The HR said it's quite impossible to transfer Mr. Yang to a different department as everyone has reached its capacity for trainees." She said she couldn't look into my eyes.

I couldn't help but frown and look at her. "What do you mean by that? How hard is it to add one trainee for them!" I asked her, pinning every word as I shot her with sharp gazes.

She wasn't able to answer. I could feel her all tensed and obviously in fear.

I sighed deeply and massaged my temple more as I shut my eyes tight soothing myself, "Talk personally to the HR, Tell them to do their job better, and there will be no next time." I added, obviously not in the mood. I felt like having a more severe headache.

"How long his training period?" I asked her, continue to massage my temple to ease the dizziness and pang of twitching ache.

"He needs to train for two months, Sir," she replied with a shaky voice,

"Asked Mr. Yang if he wanted to stay here or should we transfer him to another company," I told her, trying my best to keep my eyes open.

"I haven't told him about his possible transfer, Sir. Should I still inform him, or should we let him stay here?" she asked with a hope in her eyes.

I looked at her with disbelief, "Why you didn't tell him?" I asked her while looking at her serious and intently if she could shake in fear she already did. She wasn't able to answer me once more, "