Chapter 30: Trillions

Chapter 30

Trillions

(Same night)

I had just arrived at the dorm's parking lot when my phone rang. It was mom calling. I answered the phone and was about to greet her when I heard her crying hard and frantic.

"Mom? What's wrong? What happened?" I asked her worriedly. My heart was beating fast but not of fluttery but nervousness and fear of possible things happening to her right now.

Mom continued to cry seemed can't talk properly, that worries me more "Mom, tell me your location. Please.. I'll go to you. Where are you? What happened?" I continued to ask her as I ran back to Dan Hyung couldn't hide the fright in me. Something must have happened. "Mom.." I called her more anxious when there was only crying on the line.

A lot is running on my head. I just wanted to be with her and ran fast to her right now and make sure she was okay. Afraid of what was happening and the reason for her crying.

Dan Hyung was about to drive away when I stopped him from driving the car by blocking its way using my whole body. A screech of sudden break was heard and echoed in the parking lot.

"JESUS! JAY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" he shouted at me, shocked, "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO IF I CRASH YOU TO DEATH!" he added, but I couldn't care more. I just want to find where mom is right now.

"What happened? Why do you look so worried?" He asked as I opened the door and sat beside the driver's seat when he saw me closely.

"Mom?"I called mom. The fear tone in my voice was very apparent. I can feel my tears building up because of too much worry.

"Y-your d-dad." She said between her sobs. I immediately froze when I heard her say that. "We're at Seoul hospital." she added as her whimper got loud, "S-son, what should I do?" she asked me weakly, whispering it with her remaining strength.

I was still nailed from where I was. My body seemed to refuse to understand the information. I feel like the warmth of my body left me, and chills slowly spread and took over my system. I feel numb but numbest a person could be. I couldn't feel my own breathing and anything aside from my heart beating so fast I was afraid it would be exhausted and stop from me from breathing.

Sharp pains hunted me, and tears out of fears slowly rolled down my cheeks endlessly.

"We'll go there. He'll be okay."Dan Hyung told me as he drove away.

"Son..."I went back to reality when mom called me. I wiped my tears and forced myself to be strong as a mom needs me right now, "I'll be there, mom. Just wait for me. Dad is going to be okay." I added even I. My own was afraid and fragile as her. I didn't end the call even it pains me so much to hear my mom crying. I didn't end it and stayed with her.

It wasn't long when we arrived at the hospital. Mom ran to me as soon as she saw me and embraced me as she cried more. "It's all my fault!" she said painfully and regretfully.

I hugged her back, caressing her back in circles. It crushed me to see her like this, "I don't know what to do. He collapsed when we got h-home." she said with regrets. Her eyes are red from crying, swollen, and almost formed a thin line. It was cold, but she was sweating yet shaking from fear, perhaps of losing dad.

I saw dad in the E.R. His vital is being checked, then he was transferred to his room. Seeing dad like this, laying down on the white bed, being injected with different apparatus in his body, hurts so much.

Mom hugged me as She wept, burying her face on my chest. She bawled, and every sobs and whimper sounded like regrets, "I should have known better." she whispered as her shoulder bounced from so much crying. "I should have asked him how he was doing?" she said wearily from crying.