Chapter 45.2: Future With You

Chapter 45.2

Future With You

After our moment, we showered and changed into our pajamas. I am now cooking our dinner, just simple pasta as that's only available on our fridge. "We should do groceries when we have time," I told him,

I looked at him seated in the high chair at our bar counter. He folded his hand across his with a slightly grim expression and a pout on his lips. I tried my best not to laugh at the cute sight of him. He looked at me with quite a splenomegaly.

"What?" I asked him Innocently, hiding a peal of touches of laughter,

"This is unfair. I let you hug me even when I'm cooking for you. I just want to stand beside you," he said, making me fail to hold my laughter anymore. He just looked at me, confused with my reaction. He seems does not really know that he looks like a child sulking cutely.

I put the lid back at the deep pan, enough for two servings of pasta so it could be cooked well before attending to him. I wrapped my arms around his nape as I moved closer to him, making sure there was enough space between us to make up for his cute agony.

Other couples indeed would find it annoying, but it was different for me. This is a rare sight of my Love. He was always mature and strong, and I'm glad he's willing to show me his other sides, all about and real him.

"Is it okay now?" I asked him with a little smile on my lips meant to comfort him. He just looked at me and said nothing but still snaked my waist and pulled me closer to him, sealing all gap between us as he comfortably rested his head on my stomach.

I want him to know that's it okay to be like this and show me even his childish side without worrying. I want us to show all sides of us to one another without hiding any of it, even the sides we might hate because that's how love works.

I want to enjoy every bits and moment of our different sides, including this side of him, Where I feel like he's a baby needing and asking for my attention. My Love always babied me, so I would love to take this opportunity to baby him.

It sounds a little childish and cringy, but who said love should be only mature and perfect? There's no such like that, only imperfect but real.

I actually made him sit on this chair, But I did not expect he would react this way. I couldn't just concentrate with him hugging me from behind. Every time he does that, I just feel like my knees are melting. Aside from that, I keep being distracted by him, it is my first time cooking for him after a long time, so I want this pasta to be perfect.

"Love," I called him sweetly and gently when he still stayed silent,

"What?" he said, still sounding sulky even he tried to sound normal.

"Sorry." I said gently, "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." I added while playing with his hair gently,

He glanced up at me, looking guiltily. His cold eyes slowly turned supple and soft as he stared at me seemed like he was reflecting on something. He stayed silent for a few more seconds and said,

"No, Love, I got too clingy. I should have respected your personal space," he replied in a gentle and tamed tone. I smiled, assuring him it was all good as I continued to ruffle his hair softly. "I just miss watching you cooking for me, and I wanted to cook with you too," he said. "That was so childish of me, I'm sorry," he added, looking more guilty with meek and apologetic eyes.

I could feel him hugging me tighter as he rested his head again my stomach. I beamed more.

"But I liked it too," I said. He looked up to me once more, softly staring at me. I felt like a block of ice melting the ways he watched me.