Chapter 48: My Other Half

Chapter 48

My Other Half

Time passes by when you are happy and with someone you want to be with, and I guess that was true. Just a few days from now, we're about to celebrate our first anniversary.

I'm still wonderstruck every time I see him first, besides me in my bed when I wake up every morning. I still feel like in vagary every time I'm home to him. My life with him is just perfect. I couldn't ask for more.

It was the most fulfilling year I had in my entire life. One year with him full of life, living a dream and bliss, and I'm now planning to officially seal it forever with his 'I do.'

I found myself in the countryside where One's granny is living. I was in front of their house to ask for the person's hand she treasures and loves the most. No other than Jungwon.

My heart was beating fast and hard as I stared at their front yard while standing on the side, not being seen. I was gaining enough courage to knock and let my presence be felt. Some neighbors recognized me, and I smiled at them after small greetings.

The breeze of the countryside smells fresher than the city, cold in the skin. It continues blowing seems like comfort to calm me down, giving me courage like the sun shining brightly with beautiful clouds telling me it was in my side.

After more minutes, I decided to show up in their wood gate. Also, the exact moment granny opened their main door and saw me, surprised.

A hearty smile flashes on her lips, her eyes twinkles as the wrinkles in her forehead showed but still looked beautiful,

"Granny," I called her with delight as I welcomed myself.

"Jay, My son," she called me as she walked towards me. I met her halfway and embraced her, "What are you doing here? Are you here alone?" She asked as he cupped and caressed my face. She glances behind me, anticipating for One, but that failed her.

I didn't want to break her heart but told her honestly, "Granny, I'm here alone. I'll bring One next time." I said softly with apologetic smiles.

We visited granny a few months ago. I know they miss each other, but I need to go alone to ask her something significant. I know she will understand me once I tell her the reason why I am here today, "It's okay, Son. Let's go inside. Have you had your lunch? I'll prepare food for you." She added and pulled me inside the house.

It was still the same. Nothing changed. Clean and organized, I sat at the dining table, and granny arranged the food for me, I volunteered to help her, but she didn't let me.

"Does my Son knows you are here, Son?" she asked me curiously. I smiled shyly as I shook my head, "I didn't tell him, granny," I said. A frown formed in her head, wondering why I didn't.

"Did you guys fight?" She said, stopping for a moment as she looked at me, worried,

I immediately shook my head once more, "No, granny, We didn't." I said, then laughed softly.

Granny sighed in relief as she let out a good laugh, "That's good, I thought something happened." she said, then placed a glass of water in front of me,

She seated in an available chair on the side corner of the table, "You should eat, Son." she said. She prepared many side dishes, asides from the main, rice and fish. These must be granny's meals today.

She heartily watches me eat her food deliciously and enjoyably with a smile on her face. "I really loved your cooking granny, It's never failed me." I started complimenting her cooking.

Her laugh filled the room delighted, "Of course, I'm in almost half of my life." she said, almost bragging.

Granny's warmth did not change too. She's still warm, just like the first time she welcomed me before. She received me the same When One and I first came here after finding a way to each other again. I still remember her reaction when he saw me again after five years.