Chapter 18: Come Home

Chapter 18

Come home

I was reading quietly when Jake decided to ruin my focus and start talking.

We were inside an empty classroom we randomly found because the library was too full to accommodate us. Exam week is coming next week, so no wonder.

"Just a few days before he leaves, still don't plan anything?" he reminded me. He doesn't need to remind me that as I'm counting it too on my fingers. I pretended not to hear that...

I did not tell him about asking One because I knew he would insist on helping me, and I didn't want that. It's not because I don't trust him or what, but I want everything to come from me. I want to do something for One my way and not anyone's ways.

I heard him sighed when I ignored him and just continued reading my notes, "You don't have to worry about this." I just told him plainly.

"Yeah... You're frustrating,... Whatever, Just make sure not to cry at the end," he said. I can say that he's already rolling his eyes on me as I stay quiet. "Don't blame me later if he won't be yours." I heard him whisper. I can't help but frown because of that.

"Don't curse it, you asshole!" I sharply resorted at him then kicked his chair just enough to shake him off.

He glared and sneered at me before focusing playing on his phone. I know he does well without effort, but he doesn't need to be so obvious. He's making my blood boils.

We were now in the last class, and I immediately stood up when the bell rang and continued on my way without saying anything to him.

"Hey! Let's go together!" I heard him shout, but I just raised my hand to bid him goodbye.

The sun already settled reason the beauty of this city became more evident, with street lights and a busy version of Seoul. I did not bring my car, so I'm walking around the busy streets near our university.

I actually have part-time today, It was just in the nearby pub, and I only need to sing about 6 songs to earn a penny. I'm quite known as a soloist, so it is easy for me to get a part-time job like this. They contact me, and I do it when I feel like it and I'm free.

I earn this way aside from modeling that I only do when I need big cash. I don't like depending on my parent's money, so I don't spend the allowance they give me. Instead, I keep it.

For future funds, I guess?

The more I get close to my destination, the more people greeted and recognized me. As a soloist who works in different pubs, cafes, and bars, it's pretty normal to be known by many. Not being boastful or anything.

I arrived at the pub, and went straight to the preparation room. I saw Yeonjun holding his bass guitar in the corner, getting ready to perform with his band mates.

"Hyung.." I called him, catching his attention.

"Oh! Hey man! Long time no see," He welcomed me. Our palm met for a clap then he pulled me in for a shoulder bump. The other member, meanwhile, acknowledged my presence with a nod and smile.

"I've been not seeing you around lately." Soobin hyung started a conversation. "They said you keep refusing offers." He added.

I just nodded. "I've been busy lately." I lied. It's not that I got busy. Perhaps. I was, there's also a lot of things going on lately, but just to be real, I just want to have time for One. I also did not stop playing as I still perform at DeliBistro, the One according to One 'doesn't know how to do business.'

"With girls?" Yeonjun said teasingly, I just chuckled and shake my head sideways.

The current band performing are already down to their last song. A staff approached me then handed me a list of songs they wanted me to sing. They also told me beforehand, so there's no really need to panic.