Chapter 31: Love

Chapter 31

Love

A week passed, and a lot happened. It was a week full of pain, fear, and crying. Dad's surgery, thankfully, was successful, but he hasn't woken up yet. The doctors said he passed the most critical stage and is now way on his recovery. It will take time, they say, but he's improving, and we should pray not for any complication to arise.

My dad is a strong man, indeed, and I want him to thank him for that, for being strong and fighting not only for himself but also for us. I will never ever gonna stand myself if something worse than this happens to him.

A bunch happened in this whole week. We're a lot calmer, but the worries and the likes of emotions didn't get us away. And it will never be as long as my dad is lying on here.

Everything is slowly being settled. I'm doing dad's work and studying at the same time. I went back and forth to his office and the hospital, It was tiring, but I'm not planning to complain about it and stop doing this, as this is the only thing I could do for him right now. I know I wouldn't be able to make up for this, but I still want to.

I don't have an interest in this business, but it doesn't mean I don't know how to run it. Uncle Sim, Jake's father, is also guiding and helping me about what should I do and learn about all this, Same with my mom.

It's also been a week since the last time I went home to our dorm and to One. We make calls at night, but I know myself that wasn't enough. That's undoubtedly wasn't, not to miss him so much as that's exactly what I'm feeling right now. He's worried sick about me, and all I could do was assures him I'd go home soon without dates.

Like always, I know he wanted to ask me, but he didn't. He still waits for me to tell it myself.

He still doesn't know anything. I lied to him. Telling dad brought me on a business trip overseas, so I won't be able to make it home until 'I'm not sure date.' not to make him worry so much as he already is. He's worried about us, and his voice tells me every time I hear it. It also breaks my heart every time, but I can't do anything but wish everything to end soon.

Jake and Niki have been filling up my place. Niki doesn't know anything too. They visit One at the dorm during his offs and go out with him when they're free. Jake said Niki has also been in One's side.

I was reviewing some documents when I heard a knock on the hospital's room, I thought it was a nurse or doctor, but I saw Somi entering the dorm.

The feeling of unfamiliarity rushed to me. I feel all my warmth racing up to my head but in a good way. I welcomed her with cold stares and disdain on it are apparent.

"Just leave. No one needs you here." I told her directly, Being civil with her is out of my capacity, I know I shouldn't blame her, but I couldn't help myself but to do so, She's the one who wanted those shit, and now, we are here.

She started crying out of words. I could see that she was hesitating to approach me. Worry and guilt are visible in her eyes, especially when she watches dad with different apparatus in his body, still unconscious. She covered her lips with her hands not to make a crying noise.

I attended to her not to soothe her but guided her out of the room, afraid dad would hear her cries., I feel blank, I'm tired of her, my own emotion gave up on her, she wouldn't listen no matter what I say, and arguing with her is pointless. There's nothing more to talk about with her.

"I-I'm sorry," she said as she looked at me with swollen eyes and bit her lips not to make any weepings out. This is always the scene with her, her crying like this, begging for forgiveness or love. When she will be tired and realize those won't do anything. Those won't change anything.