Chapter 49.2: Give Me Your Forever

Chapter 49.2

Give Me Your Forever.

The skies slowly turned and colored hues of yellow because of the sun that starting to set. It was a beautiful sight to see, made me wished One was beside me. I couldn't spend the day with him like he wished a while ago and I couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Is everything good?" Jake asked me, making sure everything was all set. I nodded at him and smiled, "Thanks a lot man, I owe you big for this one." I told him, thankful.

He literally helped me with everything. Thanks to him everything was made and finished before the sunset or else it could be worse.

"Repay me when it's my time," he said, trying to lighten up the mood, We both laughed at that.

We were about to get in each other's car when "Mate!" he called me. I looked at him and saw his eyes close to tears. I chuckled a little as I watched him walk towards me.

"Good luck, Mate!" he said simply. He has a lot to say, but he just smiled and nodded not wanting to hold me longer, "Just give me a time for best man speech. Advance congratulations Mate!" he added, as we shared a handshake hug gladly.

"Thanks, Man! I'll give you that once he said yes," I replied, then laughed softly. "He will, Mate." He said as he patted me softly.

after leaving the place I went straight to our home, where One is. The sun was completely settled when I arrived as the darkness took over the sky, revealing the beauty we could only see when the night won over daylight.

I knocked on our dorm's door before typing the passcodes, but I was just about to press the button when the door opened, and it revealed One.

He was smiling at me, something I returned back as I wrapped my arms around his waist, "I'm sorry being back late. Love." I whispered gently, I was really sorry, but there was no other way to do this surprise for him. I'll do my best instead to make it up to him for the rest of the night.

He wrapped me with his warmth and nodded, "You don't have to. As long as you are here now, it's fine." he said softly,

He stared at me with soft smiles and meek eyes, weighing me, "Is everything all right now?" he asked, concern in his voice was very apparent. It was clear that Jake's reason got him worried a lot. I felt more guilty.

"It went well, Love," I assured him and kissed his forehead.

He nods his head and parted himself to me as he caressed my arm gently. "I prepared dinner, Love. It must have been a tiring and stressful day for you." he said softly, "Change your clothes first, I'll setup our table," He added sweetly.

I didn't know, but I felt so touched. I was really fortunate to have someone like him in my life, someone so understanding and caring. Someone who thinks of me and loves me as much as I love him.

He stared at me, then tiptoed to plant a soft kiss on my lips, "Welcome, kisses." he said suppressing a smile.

He tried to let go of my holds, but I embraced him tighter and rested my head on his shoulder. I could feel his arms slowly wrapping me as he gave me soft pats on my back, "Love.." he called me softly wondering.

"Thank you, Love, for everything," I told him softly. My eyes turned watery from so much warmth his making me feel, but I did not let it thread my cheeks.

I was just thinking, he has all the right to sulk and even gets mad at me for not being present by his side during this important day of ours, But he chose to cook for me instead and wait for me to have dinner together.