Chapter 27: Upside Down

Chapter 27

Upside Down

"Dad wants to meet you over dinner with us. He already reserved a place, so make yourself available." Somi told me with hopeful eyes and smiles.

"No, tell him I'm busy." I directly told her, "There's no point going anyway." I added coldly.

"What's wrong meeting his son-in-law?" She resorted. I immediately glared at her, afraid someone would hear, and it would spread like wildfire.

She just became my rumored girlfriend out of a sudden. Something I've been refuting, but no one wanted to listen.

She just looked at me with a calm expression on her face. "I told you, I'm not marrying you, and I don't have plans to get back with you!" I lost count of how many times I've said that to her, but she just doesn't get that.

"I also remember telling you, That 'we are' no matter what." She replied with this determination in her eyes.

People changed, but she turned to a different person and not even an acquaintance but a complete stranger. How can a person change so much?

I ignored her and waited for class to end. As soon as It ended, I tapped Jake, telling him I'd go first...

"Jay! Jay!" I could hear Somi calling me with desperation in her voice, people looked at me and even told me, but I pretended not to hear and see, Not until she ran to me and grabbed my arm to face her.

She has this hurt expression in her eyes even she remained composed, "Do you hate it that much? You're just meeting my dad!" She said as if I'm clueless about it,

I was not born yesterday. "Meet your dad, then what?" I asked her, couldn't hide my irritation at her. "Show him that we're doing fine and fucking push this arranged marriage that will be going to destroy us for the rest of our lives?" I asked her, pointing every word, not caring to hurt her.

I'm want to be a man, but I have limit.

She's been like this every day since university started, and it's driving me insane. I wouldn't mind anything she does, but staying and acting blind like this as if she doesn't know what awaits her after all this frustrates me.

I want to end all of this like a man, but she keeps choosing the opposite. I don't want to hurt her, but she's not giving me a choice.

Her eyes turned teary, but she still worked on her calm, upfront expression.

"Usual place like before, 7 PM." She said then, walked away. I saw her wiping her tears as soon as she passed me,

I sighed out of disbelief as I calmed myself with rushing frustration on my body. Everything right now makes me feel lost for some reason.

The sky started to get dark, and I found myself in front of the convenience store One worked for. I hid in the corner just to watch him ring the customer goods with a smile.

He looked in my direction, and I Instantly leaned back on the wall to hide for him not to see me. I stayed at the corner, not going anywhere.

It was almost seven when my phone started ringing from the call of Somi, Jake, Mom, dad, and just everyone. I turned off my phone and sat at the most corner table where One couldn't see me.

I stayed and didn't go anywhere. As of this moment, I know staying here is also a decision not just about being here but also with One, and starting right here, it will get more hard for the two of us.

I feel like the world is on my shoulder. It feels heavy, and it's making me uneasy, I feel like going to be crushed anytime soon, and I don't know what to do anymore to stop it, or is there even really something I could do?