Chapter 8: Like and Jealousy

Chapter 8

Like and Jealousy.

Jake was not kidding when he said, we're going to play pool. We're now inside the hangout place. It's a bit crowded since it's the weekend. Jake handed me a cue stick then fix the billiard balls on the rack.

I kept glancing where One and Riki through the glass wall. Jake seemed to notice and said, "It's okay, everyone knows they are with us. who would going dare to harm them!" assuring me as he tapped my shoulder.

"Want a match game?" my attention went to Yohan, who just asked us.

He's from a different university, but for some reason, our pathq continually cross, as if he's a stroke of bad luck following me around.

"It's been long since I saw you here." He added. I ignored him and planning to play my own when "Ah! You might have lost touch." he said with a grin on his face trying to provoke me.

I heard Jake smirked, "Who do you think you're trying to challenge." he said with pride and mockery in my place.

"It's a set then." his friend said and called for a referee. Jake handed over 1000 bucks, so Yohan and his friend split it in half.

"What should I buy with 2000 bucks," Jake said while grinning. I just shook my head.

He's an entirely different person now.

The referee lifted the rack, "Tail or head?" he asked to decide who's going first, "Head because my head is handsome." Jake replied that made everyone laughed while the other teams just shook their heads.

The referee tossed the coin, and it decided that tail would go first. After determining what ball to hit, they started the game.

"I hate stripe," Jake commented but still smiling. We watch the other team pocketed two solid balls as they continue until in their fifth shot, where the cue ball went in.

It was foul that gave us our turn. I put chalk on the tip of the pool stick, then started to hit the stripe balls. Jake, I took turns. This is nothing official game, nor are we professional players, so we followed the house rules we set for match games and ourselves.

We were now in our sixth ball when Jake missed the ball. Everyone is quietly watching us. I guess they also put their bet and money in this game.

"Shit!" Jake cursed. Like me, he hates losing the only difference is I don't take it to heart, and I don't care about losing as much as he does. I patted his shoulder, assuring him that it's fine.

The opposite team finished the game in their favor.

"Damn it!" Jake curses again, now looking pissed off.

"We still have two games." I reminded him, this is actually three plays. The team that scores two sets first will win the game.

We kept playing until there was only one ball on the table pool. It was my turn, so I positioned myself in the best angle possible after putting chalk on the tip of my cue stick. I swiftly swung my stick back and forth while thinking how much power and force to use and getting used to my stick.

I hit the last ball and went into the pocket.

"YES!" Jake shouted together with the loud cheer from the audience, "You're the best!" Jake said, then gave me a shoulder bump.

I just stand there after watching the referee arrange the ball for us on its rack.

"Do you wanna switch balls?" he asked, but we decided not to. It's all the same anyway.