Prologue

Ever have a shitty day? One that seems to never end? That day for me was Today.  Wishing it to be done and over with.

(Trigger warning violence involving guns)

I would come to regret that wish rather quickly.

Who am I you ask? Well my Name is Chris I am...or was from earth, from a small town that boarder the Californian and Oregon state line. You could say the middle of nowhere. I am a 5'8 female. I have a mixed background for genetics so my skin is a between a light cinnamon and pale olive complexion. I have Medium brown hair that looks like a lion's mane. My father joked that I got my eyes from the milk man as they are a blue green hazel mix. I am the only one in the family who has that. Where the majority have brown and amber eyes. It was always a source of amusement. My build is medium not skinny but not fat either. I have C cups for breasts my sister got the DDD but she ended up with a flat ass. I was lucky in that department and have a bubble booty. My age is 22 the baby of the family.

Now you kinda got an idea of who I am. Let me tell you how the day began.

Woke up at 5 A.M and went to go make coffee and the coffee maker blew up.  Not like a little surge and a zap and it's dead. Nope, I am talking about a buzz a Zap and a fire. Get that taken care of and I check my email on my phone. The job I applied for in Seattle Washington declined my resume.

"Honey, why are you up so early? And why is there so much smoke in the kitchen?" My mother asked.

"It blew up, also Morning Mom" I said in a sigh

"Well you can't let that get you down, it's just the start of your day" She says in a happy upbeat tone "Just think positive today and it will turn out"

"Mom..." I groan, how can people be this chipper first thing in the morning? I ponder the thought as head to the bathroom to get ready for the day I had a 730 A.M shift at the local gas station. It was a shit job at the best of times but in a town this small it was the only thing available. Its only a 20 minute walk from the house so I leave the house at 700 A.M.

"Bye Mom I love you, give dad a hug from me when he gets up" I shout as I head out the door with my phone and ear buds in hand. I plug in and start heading to work. As I am walking on the side of the road I trip and my phone flys out of my pocket and gets run over by a passing truck. "FUCK!!!! NO NO NO NO NO " I shout angrily.

I pick up the smashed phone that's in literal peices. And Think to Myself. ' I just bought this iPhone 12 pro max.' Cursing remembering that I had Opted out of the insurance on the phone. I look to the sky trying to breath to be positive like mom said to. Being only 5 minutes away from work now its gonna be okay. I think, and as I finish the thought it started to rain. The gods are laughing at us today. I curse again and start running towards the station.

Ding Ding the door chimes

"Well lookie here, looks like we have the wild drown rat" Alex says, your smartass boss. He was middle age balding, and was heavy set. His personality left a lot to be desired.

"Get dried off and you need to work a double today, Benny called in sick" he says with a snort.

"Alex I can't just do that" I say anger rising in my voice

"You will cause that is the bloody contracted you signed. So unless you have someone Dying your staying till 8 pm tonight. Don't give me that look I  am working the full evening." Alex says "Listen to make it sweeter have anything you want in the store for food and snacks. You have my number. Plus its gonna rain all day so it will be slow" he sighs

I concede, as much I dislike the situation it's not like I had anywhere else to be " so 8 pm you will be back right? "

"Yup, unless there is any issues but I will call if there is Chris. Thanks I owe you one" Alex's waves and heads out the door.

As much as I hate to admit it Alex was right. I call my mom and let her know what's going on. Let her know I love her and then hang up and get back to the store. I will tell you this soaked while doing inventory is not fun. I dried off eventually but there were no customers to be in sight. It was nearing now 6 pm. Only 2 more hours of this boring hell. I think to myself with a huff. I wish today could just disappear, I am over and done with this bad day.

Ding ding  door chimes

Looking up from the boxes of chips I was stacking, I go to greet the person that walked in and I stop dead in my tracks. There are 2 males dressed all in black and ski masks. Both are carrying weapons. The first one has a hand gun and the other looked like a hunting rifle. They spot me and in slow motion as I try to dive for the backroom shots ring out. I feel the bullets tear through my left arm, left shoulder, and one that went through my abdomen. I am in so much pain but I can't walk. I hear them load up bags full of cigarettes and them trying to break the register.

"Hurry up Man! Before someone comes and sees us" the robber with the rifle shouted at the other one.

They finally get the 200 out of the register and are cursing "is this it? Yo go check that chick out see if there is a safe"

The robber with the hand gun walks over to me, I am silently crying from all the pain trying to army crawl to the back office to get to the emergency button. I need to survive this! Then I feel him grip my hair and pull my head back. Pointing the hand gun at my temple. While having one knee on my back.

"So little missy are you going to tell us the safe combination? If you do we will let you live" he snickers

"If I had the code I would give it to you but I don't only the manager has that code" I stifle out between tears

"well that's to bad" he says. In slow motion I can see his finger move the trigger. At the same time I close my eyes I feel hotness against my temple then everything goes dark.

--------------------

The darkness feels warm, its comforting. I know my eyes are closed feeling the warmth wash over. I did not seem to care however, I could hear clicking....? Purring...? It sounds out of place. I slowly start to open my eyes  and a bright white light painfully washes into my eyes. I look up and see.....a predator thingy from the movies you use to watch in college. I think they are called...

'Yautja'  I hear in my head

I look up and .....

Chapter 1 will be here shortly. Let me know what you think about my writing and if there is ways to improve it. This is the first time for me writing a story like this and feedback would be most welcomed

~(○^-^○)~ Thank you Sincerely Shisa