Chapter 11

I wake up in complete Darkness I don't know where I am or anything I start to freak out. 'Calm down Chris, your a big girl. Stop, listen, look those stranger danger classes from public school should finally have some use!!' I think to myself.

'Okay, let's do this!' I close my eyes and start breathing through my nose. I can smell a woody smell mixed with camp fire smell. 'Okay this is good I am in the fucking tree. I remember Dar'ke blasting a hole in the mother fucking tree. But why is it so dark in here?'

I take another deep breath and I can hear....rain is the main sound. 'Okay so it rainy weather. Dar'ke must have made a door. Knowing space cat he probably made it so that wind and rain wouldn't get in here.' I smile thinking that. I still can't see shit that's bugging me.

I sit up and feel around the hole and I feel ....? Leaves? They were soft and they were comfy to lay on. Then I start to panic 'where is Dar'ke?"

I start to feel around the hole and them my hand hits a hard thick muscley lump that has rough scaley skin? I feel it twitch underneath my hand. "Dar'ke?" I whisper into the darkness hoping to Paya that it was him and not a scary beasty.

I try and be brave and slip my hand over further. The rough skin transitions into softer skin. I realise that it is Dar'ke. He isn't really moving  he must be in a deep sleep.

I try and concentrate to see if I can hear his breathing with the loud sound of the rain outside. It takes a few minutes but I can!! I am so excited that I can start to pin point sounds. But it sounds like Dar'ke is in distress he is growling in his sleep. 'He has been through a lot he is probably having nightmares, I should wake him up.'

"Dar'ke..." I call out to him softly at first

"Dar'ke..." I say a little louder

"DAR'KE WAKE UP!!" I shout at him. Just then Dar'ke jerks awake and I feel  some "tree sap" fall on to my face. Dar'ke suddenly gets up and runs out of the hole and into the rain.

I stare at shock that Dar'ke just ran away the light of the outside flooded inside, the rain was being blown in such a way that it wasn't coming into the hole....."what the fuck...?"

Then I think about it 'ohhhh that's like the taco bell run my sibling use to do after the spicy volcano taco. Space cat has the the shits.' I won't mention anything when he gets backs.

Just then I felt another drip fall on me I look up at the ceiling and see a thick viscous fluid that looks like maple syrup. I wipe the drips that fell on my face, the smell is really sweet. I lick it to see if it was like the sap back on earth. The taste was salty, sweet and a little bitter.

I used a leaf to clean it up the majority of it and tossed it out the opened door. Then I start to pull some apples and some beef jerky from my inventory. I really wanna make pancakes but I don't think that would a smart idea to use flame in a tree.

I touch my lips I really want more of that "tree sap" it's a bit addictive. I feel sad that I cleaned it up but knowing my luck its poisoned in some way and if I need to do the taco bell run to potty like Dar'ke just did I rather not.

I get out some coffee drinks and wait till Dar'ke gets back....'maybe I should offer him wet wipe for his butt when he gets back.' See the rain pour down I pull out a beach towel and few camp blankets . Now to wait for the space cat to come back....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dar'ke point of view

I wake up suddenly to Chris's voice and there is an ejection of my bodily fuilds that is forcefully flys out of my loin cloth and cod piece. In a swift moment I run out the door and jump up three branches. Letting the rain clean away my shame. 'Dar'ke what in the Paya happened!!' He had heard from clans that had adopted Oomans as fellow clansmen that males of the species can have 'Wet Dreams'

This has never happened to a yautja before!! How could this be? The mate mark!! That must be it, this makes the situation with Chris much more dangerous for her.

My body was still burning from the dream. I strip down and wash my loin cloth and cod piece. After putting them back on wet but clean. I scan the area to check for any dangerous predators. I sigh in relief when I don't see any.

It's been a while and I hear movement from below in the tree hole. I am not sure how to approach this situation. I jump down and I scan I see that some of my remnants are on the ceiling and also a few drops on Chris's face, on her hand and ....on her lips.....? I pause and stare at Chris

She sees me and waves to me she stands up I walk to her slowly not sure if I tell her what happened...

"Dar'ke!! Thank goodness you are back! I was starting to get worried. I have breakfast ready for us. Come in and eat. Oh take this towel to dry off you will warm up faster" she says to me with a smile on her face.

I nod and take the towel and dry off as I step into the tree hole. I look to the spot on the ceiling  that I had 'marked'. Chris notices where I am staring .

"Oh did the tree sap fall onto you too Dar'ke?" She said as she hands me some dried meat and strange fruits. I take off my bio helmet and begin to eat, I say nothing....

Chris continues "the tree sap isn't poisonous is it? We have something similar on earth called maple syrup. It's amazing, but the tree sap here is soooo tasty!!!" She says in an up beat tone.

I almost choke on the dried meat that she gave me. I start to cough she gets up and beats on my back. "Dar'ke are you okay?" In her concerned voice.

I just nod, at this point silent is the best option. I never wanted to use my cloak for a non hunting purpose so badly.

"So not poisonous? Right?" She asks me worriedly

I shake my head no, and Chris begins to relax. "Back on earth, we have a meal called pancakes. It's a fluffy tasty treat that we generally cover in tree sap. Atleast I know incase I can't get to my inventory that I can look at other options." She said happily

I just stare bewildered at Chris, and I clear my throat before speaking to her. "We probably have a day to be stuck here. Tomorrow if you will allow me to carry you I can move faster and we can make it to the Chiva zone by mid day the day after tomorrow. "

Chris chews slowly on the dried meat, I watch her soft lips...

She hand me another bag full of meat "Here ya go Space Cat, eat some more. You need to make sure your guts are good for the run ahead. " she looks over to the blankets, my heart stops for a second.

Before she speaks again "If you are  gonna be carrying me, how about we make a sling for your back. That way you will have full use of your arms and I don't get sick all over your shoulder, Deal?"

I sigh slightly disappointed " We can do that" I surrender I can't deny this Ooman. 'Paya is this really the way to honor and strength?' I think to myself . As I felt anything but being honorable or strong around this little Ooman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris point of view

The rain starts to dissipate, it is night time out Dar'ke steps out of the tree hole with myself on his back. We had fashioned the blankets into a sling. I feel like a baby in a carrier.

But it works I bury my head into the back of Dar'ke neck. I feel him jump down. The feeling of weightlessness making my stomach woozy. We reach the ground with a thud. Then Dar'ke takes off like the hounds from hell are chasing after us. I look back to make sure they aren't.

Dar'ke is moving so fast but surprisely it's a much smoother ride then in his shoulder. I snuggle into his back and pray we get there soon.

Thank you everyone for reading this chapter I was playing around with a few ideas what would work best for the story line that have roughly worked out. Please let me know if you like it or not. *(^.^)*