Chapter 99 season 2 ending

After a long night of happy couples on the ship. The day passes on as per normal. Chris and Dar'ke are held up in they're room not leaving unless something is a matter.

Hopper seems to be more cheery and Ceillia is more productive in the kitchen and is helping out with the Ooman Class with Hopper. They seem to be in much better sync with one another.

OldOne and the young hunters are doing well in the kitchen they are healing rapidly. But seem to have a better bond. They regained trust in one another which is good.

I gather the materials needed for Chris to take with her as per Dar'ke command. Portable heaters, netting and such. Which was more then reasonable as she would just copy them and return them to us.

As I am in my workshop Dar'ke comes in "Crash how is it going with the supplies" he asks me

"Fine they are over there if you want to take them. Just remember to return them to storage after your done using them." I say to him as I work on my current project.

"Are we all ready for the clean up mission for tomorrow?" Dar'ke asks me.

"All equipment checks have been done. You just need to check your own personal equipment. But the others have all checked in with good stats." I say to him a bit irritated that he is asking when I did the report already and this was my down time.

"Crash if you need anything let me know I owe you big time for all this work." Dar'ke says to me.

I am taken aback Dar'ke hasn't acted like this since before Krysis's time. When it was just him, hopper and myself. Those had been crazy days, a lot less responsibilities but a lot less security in being alive.

"All is well Dar'ke. I will come to you if I am in need of anything." I say to him. He nods and leaves...finally some peace and quiet!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After leaving Crashes shop I head back to our room. Chris was still sleeping and probably would be for a while. I drop the items off and head to the bridge to check on Hopper.

Hopper seems to be a lot more chipper looks like he and Ceillia finally mated. It was about time! Hopper grabs me and takes me to the war room. Like a male that just took his first mate.

"Dar'ke! Why didn't you tell me how amazing mating with an Ooman was!!" He hisses at me excitedly

"I didn't know if it would be different for you" I told him. Cause to be honest  I wasn't sure if it was good cause Chris had an Ooman body or if it was due to our mate mark.

"It was...it was amazing, I had to hold back my strength a lot. It was like torture! But it was well worth it! Question was Chris just as sore after your first time?" Hopper says to me a bit flabbergasted.

I chitter at him "It took her a few days to adjust...but yeah it is well worth it. You will be getting more time with her after we come back from clean duty...I will probably busy myself with work while Chris is gone..." I say somberly.

"Dar'ke...you sure we have to give up Chris?" Hopper asks me now realizing  the hell I will be going through.

"We have no choice if we reject this mission the council will put out an execution order on the clan and all the families. I cannot allow that...Krysis let Chris know that this needs to happen due to Paya mission we were given...I just remind myself that I will get her and the pups back" I say a bit unsure.

"As soon as it's time to get her let me know I will be the first at your back to help slaughter that chit face Bru'tae!" Hopper says to me confidently.