Chapter 139

I held Chris close to me, I felt her sadness. I was such a foolish pauker! I thought where we have been in so many dangerous situations before that this wouldn't be any different that she would pull thru with her strength.

She had fallen asleep in my arms but tears still flowed from her eyes. Pauk how could I have not noticed. I think back to the last few weeks. I realise that she was staying up with me to be close and have comfort. It never crossed my mind that she would be so scared.

I tuck her into the bed. Then I head out as I get to the bottom of the ramp of the ship I am met by Hopper. Who says nothing to me until after I realize his fist made contact with my ribs breaking 5 of them in the process.

"Dar'ke...I am supposed to the idiot out of the three of us!" Hopper growled at me.

I held my side, it hurt like hell. Still didn't hurt as much as Chris's anger and sorrow. "I am guessing you heard all of that then..." I say to Hopper.

"Dar'ke you are lucky that I just broke a few of your ribs! If you weren't going to fight Bru'tae with Sa'ke I would have done worse to you!" Hopper growls at me angrily. "I can't believe you never told her! When I asked you if she was okay before, you said she was...how can anyone be okay if they don't know what's going on?!?"Hopper hisses at me.

Hopper balled his fist up again like he was going to strike me. Then he pauses. He presses a few buttons on his gauntlet. Then looks me dead in the eye. "See how you like not knowing Dar'ke" Hopper says to me an walks away.

Right now there was to much to do, I couldn't be bothered by what he did. I doubt it was anything good. I look back up into my ship...I will have to make it up to her one way or another. That would have to wait until after the mission was done.

It looks like we over estimated the ships needed we only needed 30...we had 33 so we can space out a few colony's a bit better. That would work better supply wise over all.

Dee and Fa'tae will be here in a few minutes. I will get Fa'tae to take my ship up. It would be better for Chris to  leave now...especially since she was sleeping. I will give permission to Fa'tae and Dee to carry Chris. I can't worry about this right now...it hurts too much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at home Sooni, Maini, an Tanomi got the recording of Dar'ke an Chris's argument. Sooni called a meeting at Maini's clinic.

Soon three very pissed of female Yautjas were on the outside stone deck of Maini's clinic.

"Sooooo do we murder Dar'ke or just brutally beat the chit out of him...?" Tanomi asks as her claws were already digging into the stone railing from anger.

"Tanomi...No, that would be too easy for him" Sooni growled out. The look on her face is that she was planning some sort of hell, that not even death could Dar'ke escape her anger.

"Ladies, keep in mind he is our mate as well. As much as we want to skin him alive and have Hardmeats eat away at his flesh till his bones are picked clean...he does have a point as well. My concern is that he didn't mention to Chris or send any in his reports of her medical of her milk coming in...this is happening a lot faster then expected" Maini says to them.

"Maini I want you to meet the ships at the half way point. I won't be birthing for 3 to 4 weeks...Chris on the other hand sounds like she could give birth at any time. She needs one of us there with her." Sooni says to Maini with authority in her voice.

Maini Nods " I will get my stuff and leave right away. That way I can join them before they start to head back. Tanomi I am going to have Mai from Vil'Laiz clan on call incase anyone needs medical attention."