Chapter 172

I was very bored in the clinic, I was also getting stronger day by day. I could even now step off the bed an walk a few steps. Everything still was hurting like... I was run over by a large construction truck.

I looked forward to Chris popping in or talking to Maini about her work. Chris brought me some texts an magazines from about 500 years ago. It is interesting to see what our ancestors were doing back in the day.

She said she had stumbled across them in the Ooman archive. I mean if anything the technology articles gave me a good laugh. How could they be so close yet so far off!?!!?  The kept making the same mistakes in the equations again an again. If only they reversed the equation and added the proper exponent ...maybe Human technology would be much farther along then it already is.

If only I could go back in time an save these poor fools! I would be a scientific God! Creating a company that would rival or even prevent Weyland industries from becoming the monopoly on all new technology.

I mean atleast it was something to read. There seemed to be a huge stash hidden somewhere. Once I was more mobile I would try an find it. I am sure my colleagues would get a laugh out of it as well.

We shouldn't laugh at history...but how can people be this stupid!?!?

I wonder if she would bring the pups today. Yesterday she an Ceillia brought 5 very active little ones to see me. They were accompanied by the Female yautja named Sooni. Maini ended up shooing them all out when Sha'On got into her lab an accidental knocked over a shelf of test tubes.

The pup was fine but the mess was incredible. However after they left when I peeked back in to Maini's lab everything was back to normal like nothing had happened...I wonder of this was one of Chris's abilities.

Well today would be the day that I would find out! My grandmother was one of the last humans to own a cow ever!! Not to mention corn and vine beans have been extinct for 70 years. I remember when my grandmother made the soup, she said that some things were missing. But to me it always felt warm an filling...

I see Chris pop her head into the door way "Are you awake?" She asked me.

"Are you ready to lose?" I asked her as I crossed my arms over my chest. I was certain of victory.

She laughed at me "Well I will let you in on one ability that have." With that she plucked 3 magazines out of the air. I was astonished "Singh I have the ability of an unlimited storage system at the tips of my fingers. So anything that that goes in I can pull out. Any food matter as long as it no longer in a state of growing, or dead I can store it without it ever losing freshness or anything." She said with a smile

She went over to the table besides my bed. She pulled out a good size pot, I recognized that smell! NO it can't be! I was now hoping that I was wrong, I could feel my mouth drooling.

Chris placed a shaker of pink salt in front of me an another of black pepper. She pulled out some napkins, a spoon and she filled a bowl of soup for me. She smiled as she handed me the spoon. "Now you will have to add salt an pepper to taste as everyone is a little different" she said to me.

I took a spoon full of the soup an put it into my mouth. I was instantly taken back to when I was a small child. Life was hard back then but it was full of warmth of my family... I felt tears dripping down my face. I also felt Chris hugging me like my older sister use to hug me...

"Chris did you hurt my patient?" Maini growled out to Chris.

"No I just made him some comfort food. When we taste something that is connected to a power positive memory, we tend to cry the tears our bodies need to" I heard Chris telling Maini