Chapter 7

Dar'ke interrupts me "Chris before we continue I need to mark you as a blooded warrior for taking down a hard meat by yourself." He says abruptly.

I look at him with a shocked expression and pull my knees closer to my chest the pain still shooting down my neck from his claws. "Why..?" I whisper fearfully.

Dar'ke sighs and looks around "Its not safe here, we need to get back to the cave first. I will explain everything when we get back" he spoke in a soft tone almost remorseful..."Will you allow me to give you my clans mark?"

I look at him, he spoke the truth this place wasn't safe we needed to get back. I nodded in agreement and close my eyes and I hear Dar'ke get up and move to the arm of the Xenomorph I just killed. I hear him cut off something and his footsteps move closer till he is right in front of me. I open my eyes and see that he has a gross oozing finger then he slices the tip of his own finger to mix with the acidic ooze.

"Don't move" he said softly almost purr like.

I stare up at him as I feel him apply the marking to my forehead. It burns and hurts. But much less then when held me down a few minutes ago. 'Friggin space cat more like space lion, I can't let my guard down around him' I think to myself .

I feel the wound heal and it scars, Dar'ke steps back. "Looks like you were telling the truth about Paya's blessings" He muttered bitterly.

He puts his bio mask back on and pulls out a small container of blue liquid. He pours it on the Xenomorph bodies. Then we walk in silence down the mountain path. We get to the cave entrance and I am hesitant about going in.

"Dar'ke since we are back how about we sit here and have a drink? The sun will soon be setting and it is a good view of the stars from here" I say in the most non threatening not scared voice I can muster.

He nods and sits on one side of the cave entrance whil I sit on the other side opposite of him.

"Umm. Would you like a drink now?" I ask with a little more confidence

Dar'ke nods and takes off his bio helmet. Still with that expression of sadness.

I open my inventory window and pull out 2 thermoses of strong brew. And tossed one to Dar'ke who looked at me in shock.

"What in the great Paya is that ability...?" He asks with wonder in his voice. I explained to him about the inventory and how it is unlimited its connected to the stations inventory but also anything that I add into it. Like my cocktail of let's get shit faced.

"That is a very important skill make sure you do not let others know of this" he said in a warm warning tone

I bite back a bitter laugh. I am getting advice from someone who just tried to kill me a few hours ago. I shake my head and take a big swig of the brew.

"Okay I explained my end it's your turn to explain what the hell is you issue." I state angrily at Dar'ke

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dar'ke point of view

After everything that happened I was still shocked to hear this one's story. She was not Lying at all, it was a hard story to believe. However she had proven her Paya's blessing to me. Still not sure how I am going to explain this to the council. But I am glad that Chris agreed to be marked it will make things easier in the future.

I look down at my drink as Chris stares at me waiting for my answer. I take a large gulp before I begin to talk.

"The mark that Paya gave you is called the blessed mate mark. It is a mark that only appears every 10 000 years. When two mates with the same mark meet it means that they're children will be come the strongest." I sighed

"Wait you mean it is a marriage mark like a wedding ring but permanent?" Chris asks with panic in her voice.

"I am not sure what you mean but please listen to the rest of the explanation I will not repeat it." I softly hiss at Chris. That quites her down and she sips on the brew.

"Those that have these marks are generally stronger themselves as well and are sought after but many clans. As it can mean the difference of survival. When I found my first mate Krysis we were on the battle field." I say softly remembering fond memories.

"Krysis was the most beautiful female yautja I had ever seen. She looked like she could be the goddess Paya herself. There was no weapon she couldn't wield, she could master it all. Her skills and drive to hunt was much stronger then even most male yautja. She was very honorable and ..." I stammered a bit then took another large gulp emptying the thermos. I hand it back to Chris and she give me another one.

"Her fate should not have been what was. Not for her or our pups" I look down and then drink the entire thermos. Feeling light headed and whoozie I stare out and watch the sky change colors.

"When I was ordered to go to a hive to help another clan by the council. It felt wrong to go. Krysis said I soild go ahead and that she would look after the mother ship. She was with child at the time and unable to hunt. We had about 27 pups on the ship. When I was battling the queen I felt a sharp pain in my chest. And got clawed up pretty bad. That's where I get the scar on my back from. After killing the queen I rushed to my mini ship and headed back to my mother ship. I knew something was wrong....."

Chris takes the empty thermos and hand me another one.

"as soon as I arrived on the ship. All I could smell was blood. Due to it being mating season only 1/4 of the crew had been on board. After this hunt with the hive we were suppose to join up with my other mates back on our home planet...but everyone was dead. My dear Krysis was pinned to the wall and gutted. All my pups on the ship murdered....it had been done by a rival clan they left there clan mark. And I made sure to pay them back for every one that was slaughtered!" I say in Darkly, growling as I lowered my eyes to the floor.

"I destroyed that ship and went after that clan they had been marked as bad bloods and I slaughtered them all every last hunter, bearer, pup and sucking.....I left no one alive! They deserved death!" I throw the canister across the cave causing it to explode on impact. The brew and broken pieces flying everywhere. Not giving a chit anymore. I have lived to long to deal with dishonorable bastards. The fate of my loved one's shouldn't have been what it was. I remember the council reviewing the internal monitors. They dubbed that all had died honorably in the fight. All were given a proper send off to Paya.

I shrug my shoulders and look down then suddenly. I feel tiny arms wrap around my head crest. And I feel the warmth of Chris as she pulls me to her. I wrap my own arms around her and just take in the soothing warmth of her body.

"Dar'ke I am so sorry for your loss you must feel that pain everyday. I am not Krysis, but I can be you're friend. " Chris says softly as she strokes my crest calming me down.

"Come on big guy let's get you into bed you had a long rough day" Chris says as she tugs on my shoulders. I get up and stumble a bit from the brew and from my hurt ankle. Chris gets under my left arm and walks me into the bunker and to the bottom bunk. I lay down in the furs my head begins to spin and I black out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris's point of view

After hearing Dar'ke heart breaking story. I am not surprised he acted in that manner earlier. Although I wish he had of been easier on me. I put the dishes away into my inventory along with all the dirty stuffs. Save a planet don't leave trash on it!

I make my way to the top bunk I can hear Dar'ke snoozing below me. I lay there looking at the ceiling wondering  what I should do? Where should I go? Or if I should do anything?.....it was all so confusing ...

Okay last one for 3 days I have work to do but I hope you liked this little burst of chapters. Let me know what you think. ^-^