Chapter 68

Ceillia was getting the mech suit ready for the day. As well as checking out the equipment that her team was going to use in a few hours to explore the terrain.

So far they explored in a clock pattern from 12 to 6 and had a good idea of the area up to 20 miles out. It was still a short distance but the more they could learn the better.

One thing that was bugging Ceillia that last night when she was outside patrolling she thought she saw a satellite high up in the atmosphere. The light was clearly artificial as most stars don't have lights that fade in and out.

It had given her a dread like feeling. Cause if they were alone and there was space faring species here already where they going to be friendly or was it going to be a firefight?

She just hoped that they didn't encounter any predators. This was the perfect environment for them and she didn't feel like being hunted. When she had encountered them before she survived...just.

When she was in the marines she had been ordered to capture them alive during a mission. That hadn't gone well and she had to go against orders. If she hadn't she would have been killed herself. It ended up with her getting discharged without pay or benefits.

If it hadn't been for the Weyland corporation she would have been out on her ass. Mind you this security team was made up of mercs, ex marines and assorted people. So a merry band of misfits.

Ceillia sighed she had a bit of a crush on Wilkinson. However same issue she had with trying to date before, no man wanted to date her cause she was so tall and muscular. In the marines they had nicknamed her the hulk. Thank goodness that hadn't followed her here.

Maybe it was best to be alone that way she can focus on her career and in this case keeping alive....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hopper was on the bridge keeping things running.

I had let Dar'ke go early after seeing how him and Chris were looking like chit. It was best to let them rest. Also I had eaten most of my snacks already. I have hidden a few away. I plan to use some in the up coming hunt. I didn't want to tell Chris that, because I didn't want to bother her.

Mind you I was very envious of Dar'ke and Chris. I may have more mates then Dar'ke. The truth of the matter is they probably wouldn't care if I lived or died at this point. I sighed I really wanted an Ooman mate that I could keep on the ship! I mean they didn't even have too have unlimited snacks.

I mean snacks would be a perk, but having a mate that would actually give a pauk would be more then worth it. My mates on the home world probably wouldn't care either way.

Also having a female I could carry around would be nice. I know a number of clan members that envy Dar'ke that his mate is small enough to carry and is willing to be carried.

Mind you knowing that Chris normally hated to be carried brought on a chitter. I wonder what her and Dar'ke pups are going to look like....

Hopper was left to his own thoughts as he looked out the main window on the bridge....

Paya watched over these souls with a knowing grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shifted in bed after a few hours of sleep with Chris I felt a lot better. She was still sleeping curled up in my arms. I felt happy to have her here. I stroke her hair out of her face and lightly press my mandibles to her forehead.

I wanted to kiss her like she did to me. Unfortunately not having lips was a very real issue.

She stirs in my arms and smiles then kisses my mandibles. "Good morning Dar'ke" she says to me sleepily "Time to get up already?" She asks me.