Chapter 138

We get a message from Crash to head down to the colony on our scout ship. We had pre cooked a ton of meals so the next 5 days instead of eating in the hall clan members would stop by the kitchen to pick up they're meals. OldOne refused to have anyone else in the kitchen for now.

Not that I blame him, it took us forever under the guidance of him as well as Chris to figure things out. Plus of the any of the new kitchen staff  killed off the Gizzards accidentally like Dee an I had before...I swear OldOne would just blow up the ship.

I chitter at that thought an we wave to OldOne as we leave. "Be careful when bringing the Matriarch back! Let me know when your an hour away so I can prepare her some proper food!" He growls at us as we leave. We nod and walk swiftly to the docking area.

"I can't wait to see the Matriarch! I am glad that I am the one that gets to bring her back." I tease Dee.

Dee punches me in my arm lightly "Well its only fair cause I did get to see her a little while ago with Hopper." He says to me cheerfully.

"I can't wait to get her here and show her the trophies we got while she was away! I am sure she will be impressed!" I chittered to Dee.

"Fa'tae I think you need to calm down a bit. Remember she is bearing...from the last report that came in she is very close to giving birth. Make sure you don't excite or stress her too much. " Dee warns me.

"Dee are you not excited to see her?" I ask him.

"I am, I just don't want to cause anymore trouble for her." Dee says as we head up the ramp of the scout ship.

"Dee, she and Dar'ke have adopted us under their family code...We should have been executed! I care for my bearer clan and I will support them like always...but this helps us in so many ways!" I say to him as I sit in the  pilots seat.

We let Crash know we are heading off and make our way down. "We are very lucky indeed Fa'tae, I guess Paya is looking out for us that way. I am still concerned about being paired up with Dar'kes and Chris's eldest pup Lu'Nye....there are rumors..." Dee says to me concerned.

"Rumors? They can't be all bad. I heard that Lu'Nye is exceptional hunter...only thing he is lacking is practical experience." I say to Dee. Trying to remember if I have heard any more gossip on the ship about Lu'Nye an what he was like.

"...they say that Lu'Nye has an unhealthy obsession with Chris as his bearer..." Dee said quietly to me.

"Ahhh....that rumor, I had heard about that one. It's not unheard of given his bearer Nomi had wrongfully disciplined him soo many times. Chris tends to be affectionate with those she cares about...sometimes a bit too much. However given time he will realize that what he is feeling is a bearers love. We can help guide him in that regard. Not gonna lie I thought I had feelings like that for The Matriarch...but I realized it was love an affection that was missing from my life. To know that she is a bearer and that she is close...it makes me happy. I can't wait till I have mates and can show off my own pups to her!" I say to Dee with a chatter.

"I had similar feelings as well Fa'tae. I get what you are saying. I wonder if Dar'ke knows that, an that is part of the reason he is pairing Lu'Nye up with us..." Dee said nodding his head.

"I wouldn't doubt that is one of the many reasons why Dee. The other part is that Dar'ke trusts us...I don't know how after all this chit. He does, I won't ever betray that trust with him or Chris ever again." I say to Dee.

I look over to Dee who has reached up and lightly touched the outside of his empty eye socket. It was healed...finally! I still worried about Dee, I noticed in our down time he was doing a lot more extra training in regards to outer spacial perception.