Chapter 23

I held Chris in my arms her small frame seemed even smaller for some reason. She seemed to be sleeping now her breathing was in a soft rymthic pattern. Her head was buried in my chest. I didn't want to leave but it would be feeding time for the clan members then for the rest of the crew. I needed to keep the shifts in order so that everything was covered.

The Younger hunters would be serving everyone older then themselves first then it goes by rank. I remember Krysis telling me that was a poor system to use. However it's the one I grew up on when I had been part of the Elite clan as a young blood. My mentor Spartan the leader of the elite clan did the same with his clan.

I will talk with Chris when she wake up later about it she might have a different view on the situation.

I carefully slip from the bed making sure not to wake Chris. I cover her in a pelt.

As I leave the room Hopper is quiet and glaring at me. "You were to hard on Crash" he stated "Even though Chris isn't your official mate yet you still mated with her. By our laws no other male is to touch her." Scolding me

Hopper was right I waved him off though. I headed to Find Crash who was in the training room blowing off some Steam. "Crash if you want for helping Chris earlier you can take one of the scout ships and head to the homeworld you will get there way before us and that way you can be with your mates longer."

Crash looked at me then nodded "I will head off Now Dar'ke"

Unfortunately a leader cannot show weaknesses and admitting fault was dishonorable. However I could allow for privileges that others were not entitled to. Hopper wouldn't be happy with guard duty....maybe.

I get an incoming message that I have an incoming call from my Mate. I go to my private training room. I pick up there its Sooni.

"Dar'ke I see no reason for us to speak till you arrive home. What is the big emergency? I am very busy training the young pups!" She growled at me. Her displeasure in having to deal with me sooner then expected was not one of Sooni's stronger suits.

"I need to tell you something...." I begin then I go into the story about Chris and Krysis. Sooni listened but she had a scowl on her face.

"You haven't mated with the Ooman yet have you Dar'ke?" She asks

I nod "We have but only recently"

"DAR'KE you Pauker!! Before you Mate with anyone you are to run It by myself and your other mates. Not to mention that Ooman could be tricking you! Oomans are Sly and they have all sorts of tricks!! They have been trying different methods to get our technology....Why did the sire of my pups have to be so Daft!!" Sooni exclaimed furious at me.

"Where is the female now!?" Sooni roared at me.

"She is currently sleeping she just finished in the kitchen doing duties..." I say matter of factly

"Well at least the Ooman knows her place then and isn't lazy..." Sooni Nodded "Put me on hold and go back to your room. If what you say is true then this Ooman should know Krysis's and my code. If not you will have to kill her in front of me. For bringing dishonorable actions upon your bearers clan!" Sooni growls at me.

I put her on hold and hope to Paya that Krysis had told Chris what to say to Sooni. If it came down to it I would abandon my clan and become a BadBlood. As long as I had Chris we could go anywhere.

I make my way back to my room Hopper looking at me like I was a fool. "You just left back so soon?"

"I let Crash take a scout ship and go ahead of us. I also have Sooni on hold she wants to talk to Chris and see for her self if her and Krysis are one...." I say in a low growl