Chapter 54

I follow behind OldOne I have to admit the situation was funny as hell. I let out a little chuckle.

OldOne stops in the hall way "Are you okay Ooman?" He asks in a  concerning tone

"I am fine OldOne I am ready to start cooking" I say flexing my arms.

OldOne shook his head "Not what meant is the clan leader treating you alright? He can be quite rough..." he says

"OldOne everything is fine, actually Dar'ke treats me quite well. And to set the record straight we weren't mating again. We were doing what Oomans do with they're mate or family its called Snuggling. It's just holding each  other in a long hug. It helps to relieve stress" I explained to OldOne

He cocked his head at me and thought about what it really meant. Then nods "That sounds kind of nice...I will see if my mate will try it with me when we get back" he says pondering

We arrive in the Kitchen and we get started Dee and Fa'tae had cleaned the kitchen during the first breakfast and had made my training by eating in the kitchen. OldOne explained to me. Currently they were in training with Crash and Dar'ke.  So most of the Dinner prep would be done by us.

As I took care of the vegetables and fruits, I filled in OldOne on the plan for the Ooman base and that I would be gone for possibly 1 to 2 weeks...His reaction was less then enthusiastic.

"Your going to leave me with those Idiot's?!!? Also keep in mind most of the ships meat is now in your storage!" He raged on while preparing  some roasts I had unloaded from my inventory. "That's also too dangerous of a mission for a female, if they aren't strong or smart enough then they should be the ones to die!"

Oh dear Paya what did I begin. The ships storage for meats would be okay if we stuffed the large wear house. However that would only take care of dinners. Breakfasts would not have any meat....which is not good due to how much muscle each yautja has. They need that protein for the gains!!.

As I peel the veggies and add them to the tomato sauce and blood base stew, I try and think of a way to keep the nutrition high on the ship. I mean I could take out the jerky and that can be added to soups...but I worry what the salt would do to they're body systems.

Wait we have wood in my inventory what about smoking a large amount of meat...I remember smoking fish and wild meats with my grandfather when they were still alive. Then I remember my grandmother would always cover it when it cooled and put it in the refrigerator or the freezer.... so that is a no go.

I have canned ham, Turkey, tuna and chicken in my inventory. However they have a lot of salt and fats in them. We had the protien bars but they also had a lot of sugar in them...that isn't good for anyone.

Cheese could be stored outside without much of an issue in the brew room. I am thinking about this to much. Wait I wonder if I can contact Paya!! I don't know if that will work however wouldn't hurt to try.

OldOne and I stock the freezer full of roasts, meats, and sausages. We were gonna do dry run and the sausages were the ones OldOne made. They were really good the herbs made them flavorful without being salty. Considering what was in them meat wise....was better off not knowing.

Since we have everything ready and roasting. I had asked permission to use the kitchen for personal use. OldOne agreed however he would be supervising and he would be the first taste tester. I agreed to those terms and he walked off to grab a chair and a jug. As he sat down I had a barrel of brew come out of my inventory for him. He chittered happily.

Since there was really no stove I pulled out my camping stove, a flat pan, oil, eggs, bacon, onions and mashed potatoes in a wooden bowl I had made before. When I was on planet SwampAss.