Chapter 167

After leaving Poppi in her room. I headed over to check on Lu'Nye an Tusk. They were in the training grounds now, but would be coming back soon for dinner time. I decided I would stay an wait for them. I missed them all dearly.

I hadn't realized that this move has cause such issues with the pups. Maybe I was a foolish one for thinking that it wouldn't...

It made sense that Poppi would put blame and her anger on to Chris. As she is different from the rest of us... an she has been the catalyst for a lot of the major changes.

I am glad that I talked with Poppi, she seemed to understand a little better. I was still unsure if she had a future. As that would be up to Tanomi to decide.

I saw the pups coming over the hill, as they saw me I waved to them an they rushed down an hugged me. Lu'Nye an Tusk following close behind. Tusk was watching Lu'Nye carefully an trying to mimic him as an example.

I am happy that they were getting along so well. That isn't typical in all families especially larger ones. Remembering back to my bearer an her clan I was 1 of 40 pups that she had alone. An I had about 300 siblings, none of which I was close to. Honestly I don't even know if any of them are still alive...

I was happy that Dar'ke wasn't one to expand the family like other males. It made it feel...I suppose the Ooman word would be 'cozy'. It was good to have the family this size. It meant that everyone could be cared for equally.

I don't know how Vil'Lai an Alexi deal with all the issues of the larger families. I don't envy them in that way at all. I chittered to myself as I helped the pups get cleaned up. It could explain why they are so on edge all the time.

Vil'Lai not so much since Hopper took on an Ooman mate. Mind you I found out that Ceillia was doing a lot of Vil'Lai's reports. She didn't realize that Vil'Lai had pawned off the work to her. I wasn't going to make her the wiser. The busier she was the less time she spent over here.

I helped Lu'Nye an Tusk get the pups into the Dining hall an stayed with them for the meal. The pups seemed a bit more relaxed. They were still rattled an unsure after the accident with Tanomi.

"Lu'Nye make sure you keep the pups away from the cliffs for a few more days I have Avei coming in to scale them back an to check for more fractures" I said to him

He nodded "That will be good, also when will the new pups come to join us?" He asked. He already knew the answer but I had many eyes on us. He was asking for the other pups.

"Soon..  I think in a few days if not sooner." I said to them warmly. The pups seemed to chatter happily at that. They wanted to play with their new siblings as soon as possible. As they were now as big if not bigger then a few of the 5 year old pups...

Brown, Green, Jay'Ve an Sha'On seemed to have mastered basic sign language an hand signals. Which is impressive, not surprising though...they were all a head by quite a bit.

It would be good to get them weaned as soon as possible. Having to grow up so fast in such a short amount of time is not necessarily a good thing. Once we get them moved to a solid food diet they will probably age an grow similar to the rest of their siblings. This would be good for the socialization of the new pups.

I couldn't lie though, it was nice not having to spent 8 months to a year with an attachment. I did miss the cuteness of the tiny features, however I was still able to snuggle them while they slept an would do so till they were a year or more.

I think back that I had to kick Dar'ke out of the bed a few times the last few nights so the pups could come sleep with Chris an I. That seemed to shock him a little, that was the first time in many, many years that I had seen him pout! He had only done that before when Krysis had kicked the chit out of him.