Chapter 15

I stomp off, then head into the trees with Hopper behind me. I am furious and upset at Chris and Krysis! I couldn't believe it! Her and Krysis were able to Communicate! What did Krysis tell her? What did she tell Chris?

Also what in the hell did Chris decide on a stupid plan like that. One missed step and I could lose them! I didn't realize I was growling to myself. Hopper kicked my ankle and I snapped back at him.

He held out his arms up. "Dar'ke keep your head on the hunt. If you keep worrying about an Ooman. You will end up getting us all killed including Chris! Your a clan leader for Paya's sake! Wake up!!" He growled at me loudly.

I say nothing and we head towards the hive that is outside the Chiva zone. We head up a large tree and begin to scan. There are many hard meat drones about. I scan looking for one that has good phonemes glands. Cause once we kill it there will only be a few hours till they dry out and the real danger of losing Chris and Krysis is very real.

"There" Hopper points out to me "should we net it and kill it at camp?" Hopper looks over to me. I nod at him then I get my net gun in my gauntlet ready. "Sooo same bet as usual? Who ever nets the pauker first owes the other a cask of c'ntlip? Hmmm or should we bet a cask for of Chris's brew?" Hopper teases me, and I kick him off the branch to the hard meats below. I launch myself and use the acidic resistance net and capture the drone.

Hopper stomps back and roars at me "What the pauk!! DAR'KE!"

"You killed them quicker this time, last time I kick you into a bunch of them it took you longer to take out the small group Hopper" I teased back chittering at him

"Bet doesn't count this time you Pauker!" Hopper snorts at me

"Fine" I wave to him to grab the other end of the net the hard meat is thrashing inside. I want to get this over with as soon as possible. I need to get back to Chris and get this over with.

We get back to camp I see Crash sharpening his wrist blades. He wave to us looking around I don't see Chris. I scan around quickly and see she is behind some bushes....ah okay.

I see her head pop up as she hears us, finishes up and comes out and waves to us. Hopper and I drop the net, her and Crash walk closer. I watch as Chris comes up next to me and peeks around my arm at the thrashing hard meat.

"If we are gonna do this we do it now." I bark out the order as use my wrist blades and separate the head of the hard meat from the rest of the body.

Crash, Hopper and I make quick work of the corpse. We drain the blood hallow out its head making sure to make eye holes. Crash installs an extra set of bio eyes that is connected to our masks. That way we see what she sees. Crash is giving Chris a tutorial in how to use it the make shift  helmet. Meanwhile I fashion a breast and back plate making sure to keep the gland intact. As well as a rough battle skirt with the tail and gland attached in a crude whip weapon. Hopper makes the arm guards and boots.

We assemble the armor on Chris and she seems pleased and twirls in it looking rather happy for an Ooman on a death mission. I grip my fists tightly my claws cutting into my palms. I begin praying to Paya in my head this isn't her last mission. I can't bare to lose them again...

"Dar'ke......Dar'ke....DAR'KE!!" Chris shouts at me. Bringing me back to the here and now. "Hey space Cat! Is anyone home in there?" Chris says as she walks over and knocks her tiny fist against the bottom of my bio helmet next to my mandibles. I grab her hand and hold it against the helmet.

Hating the way she smelt right now I let go of her. Crash and Hopper are just staring at us. But thanking Paya that Hopper is quiet for once. I pick Chris up and put her on my shoulder and take off. My brothers follow already knowing plan they seemed excited about the hunt.