Chapter 54

Negative.

I sighed as I reread the directions hoping maybe I had read it wrong the first time and that maybe it was positive. I looked at the other one I had taken and it showed the same results. I couldn’t say I wasn’t a little heartbroken. I wasn’t really for me though, I could deal with it, it was Niall I was heartbroken for. He wanted a baby so bad and now he would have to wait longer before we had one.

I took a few more minutes to myself before I gained the courage to face Niall. I threw away the test and washed my hands before I opened the door. He stood there bouncing Riley on his hip facing the door as I opened it. The smile he wore quickly faded from his face when I shook my head. I dropped my head and couldn’t look him in the eyes, feeling like I had let him down. I felt his arm slip around my back. “Its okay sweetheart, we still love you.” A soft kiss was placed on my hair line. “I guess we’ll just have to try harder next month.”

And that’s exactly what happened. Almost every night after the concert and once Riley was asleep. It had become planned and almost no spontaneity to it. Don’t get me wrong, sex with Niall was always great but it had become almost forced. It became more about getting pregnant than actually the love.

Shortly before one a concert I was walking around backstage. I was looking down at my phone when all of a sudden I was pushed into a room. The door was slammed behind us and I heard the lock being turned. The lights were off and the room had no windows, so I couldn’t see much. “Niall what are-“ I was interrupted when his lips met mine as I was roughly pushed against the door.

“We have to be quick, they’ll be looking for me.” He grasped my hips in his large hands and pulled me against his body, already sliding them under my shirt.

“We can’t, they’ll know what we’re doing.”

“I don’t care. They aren’t the ones trying to get pregnant.”

I tried to protest but when he sucked just below my jaw I let out a moan instead. “Shh, sweetheart. Wouldn’t want them to find us now would we?” A devilish grin formed on his face. I gripped him behind his neck and pulled him close to kiss him. I ran my fingers through the shorter hairs on the back of his head. I slid them down his body until the met the top of his sweats. I roughly pulled them, along with his boxers, down his legs to release him. He quickly helped me out of my jeans. “Jump babe.” I listened to what he said and leaped so my legs were around his waist. He slammed my back against the wall nearest the door.

We had hardly even gotten started when the door handle jiggled. We froze hoping whoever it was would go away. But we weren’t so lucky when there was a knock on the door. “Niall, you in there?” Zayn’s voice asked from the other side.

Niall dropped his head to my shoulder and let out a frustrated groan. “Yeah.”

“Lou needs you to get you hair done so can you hurry up in there.”

“I’ll be right out.”

“Alright mate.” We remained still for a few seconds, waiting for him to leave but he obviously didn’t. “How’s it going Erin?” I could feel the blood rushing to my face.