Chapter 4

The next day was Saturday, and it was the day that I had to go back home. I didn’t want to go, but I had to so I could finish school. I had the greatest time ever in London seeing Katie, but I guess it was time for me to return to reality. My plane left at twelve thirty and arrived at home at eight thirty. This allowed me to have all of Sunday to unpack and try to get back to my normal schedule before school on Monday.

Katie and I ate a late breakfast together before she took me to the airport. “It was great seeing you again, you will have to come back and visit me sometime.” Katie said before she began to slightly sob.

“You are coming home in less the two months when you graduate, but we can always take a vacation over here later.” I told her while I hugged her.

“You’re right. Call me when you get home safe.”

“It will be like two thirty in the morning, how about I just text you when I land?”

“Okay, I will see you soon.” She said and then hugged me one last time, before I walked into the airport.

I checked in and then waited two hours for my plane to board. Once we were in the air they feed us lunch and I fell asleep for most of the flight. When I landed at home, my mom picked me up and took me back home. The first thing I did was took a shower, grabbed a quick snack, then texted Katie I made it home and went straight to bed. The only bad thing about this was I was up at four in the morning because I had started to get use to London time. There was no way I was going to go back to sleep so I laid in bed playing on my phone until six but then decided to get up and do all my laundry.  I was too lazy to decide what was dirty and what was clean so I just washed everything that was in my suitcase. The only thing I didn’t wash was Niall’s shirt because I wanted it smell like him for as long as possible. I hung the shirt in my closet away from all my other clothes so their smell didn’t rub off on it.

After I finished unpacking, I went to print off all my pictures I took while I was in London. I bought a frame to put the picture of me and Niall to hang on the wall, and got an album for all of the others. That evening I talked to my mom about London, but the whole time I was trying to stay awake. I stayed up until nine but finally decided to quit fighting sleep and went to bed. The next day I was up at five so this was the one time I was fine with having an eight am class because I was up early enough to have plenty of time to get ready for it. This was probably the first time since freshman year that I had time to get breakfast, get dressed, and not feel rushed leaving the house.

The rest of the school year went by pretty slowly because there was nothing interesting happening. I went through the motion of my boring classes just to finish them. After I was finally done with the year, I texted Katie and asked her when she was going to be home. I knew they were done after us but I didn’t know when she planned to be home.

When do you get home? We need to celebrate you graduating and your birthday!!

I don’t think I am coming home anymore.

Why?

Well I really like it here and Kyle asked me to move in with him. And his family offered me a full time job working at their museum. 

That’s great!! I’m so excited for the both of you. He’s a great guy. Now I can come visit you again.

Maybe you should just spend the whole summer here.

I can’t do that, where would I stay?

Well, I already talked to Kyle about it and you can stay with us.

I don’t want to intrude on you and him in your little apartment.

It wouldn’t be in my apartment. Kyle’s family has quite a bit of money and they are letting us live in their vacation house since they never use it and want someone to live there.