Chapter 3

My last couple of days went by way to fast. I was sad my time in London was almost over. I didn’t want to leave, it was such a great break from home. Friday morning Katie had to go into school to turn in her final draft of her paper so I decided that I would go down to the Starbucks around the corner from her place and get some breakfast before she got back.

“What would you like Miss?” The nice cashier asked from behind the counter.

“I would like a tall white chocolate mocha and a banana nut muffin please.” I handed the cashier my money and then was looking at my phone while I waited for them to make my coffee. I heard a commotion outside the store and looked up to see a small group of people running down the sidewalk. Then I heard my name called, so I turned around and grabbed my drink and muffin. When I turned back around to find a table I ran into someone causing me to fall to the floor. I spilt my drink all down the front of my shirt and dropping my muffin on the floor.

I got up off the floor ready to complain to the person for making spill on my shirt and drop my breakfast. But when I looked at the person I had ran into, the words got caught in my throat. I saw his blonde hair and then his blue eyes. I couldn’t believe who was standing in front of me. “I’m so sorry I ran into you. I was trying to get away from some people outside so I ran in here.” He said to me.

I stood there, my eyes wide before I could reply, “It’s okay. I understand.” He offered me some napkins so I could try to dry myself off some.

“Here let me get you another coffee since I made you drop you last one.”

“No, it’s okay.”

“No, I insist on it.”

“Well since you insist, I would much rather you get me another muffin though. I haven’t eaten breakfast yet and I’m hungry.”

“Now you sound like me. I’m Niall by the way.”

“Yeah I know who you are, I’m Erin.”

He walked up to the counter and ordered me another drink and two muffins.

“You know your name is a very common Irish name and basically mean Ireland. So are you Irish?” 

“I did know that, one of the random facts I know. I am a little bit Irish, but I wasn’t named Erin because I'm Irish. My mom found my name when she was watching a TV show as a teenager.”

“So if you aren’t really Irish, where are you from because I can tell you aren’t from around her? But I can’t really tell from your accent where you are from. It sounds American though.”

“Yeah I’m from North Dakota. Not many people in the United States talk like people from my area. Some of the people I know from different parts of the United States like to make fun of my accent."

"So what are you doing here if you don't mind me asking?"

"I’m here on my spring break visiting my cousin who moved here to go to school.”

“That’s cool. Are you enjoying London?”

“Yeah it’s great. I don’t really want to go back home.” At that point our order was called so we walked to the counter and grabbed our food.

“Well I better get going. I have to get to the studio before management gets mad because I’m late again. It was nice meeting you.”

“I don’t want to bother you since you came in here trying to avoid fans, but do you think I could get a picture with you?” I asked slightly embarrassed.

“Yeah sure, I don’t mind fans like you that don’t chase me down the street and scream at me. Wait, we can’t have you wearing a shirt with a coffee stain on it. Here take my shirt.” He then proceeded to take of his plaid shirt and handed it to me leaving him in his white t-shirt he had on underneath.

“No, I can’t take it.”

“It’s okay. I was the one that ruined your shirt anyway so I want to wear it.”

I put on Niall’s shirt and then asked an employee to take our picture with my phone. We both smiled and she snapped the picture. When we were done, I started to take off his shirt to hand it back to him. “Keep it. I don’t want to have you walk around with a dirty shirt.” He said pushing it back to me.

“Thanks for the pictures and shirt. It was great meeting you.” With that he walked towards the rear of the store, I’m guessing taking a back door to avoid the mob outside waiting for him, leaving me in complete shock of who I had just meet.

I sat down and eat my muffin and drank my coffee smiling the whole time. After I finished, I walked back to Katie’s apartment. Now that I out of Starbucks I could smell Niall’s shirt, and it smelled just like cologne that he had been wearing. When I got back to Katie’s, I could hear the TV was on so she must have gotten back from school. I opened the door and walked in and sat next to her on the couch.

She looked at me and then questioned, “Why are you smiling and what are you wearing? You weren’t wearing that when I left and I didn’t know you even owned a plaid shirt.”

“Oh yeah it’s Niall Horan’s.” I said nonchalantly causing Katie to spit out her water.

“What?! Like Niall Horan of One Direction?”

“Yeah! I went down to Starbuck after you left to get some coffee and breakfast and after I ordered there was a commotion outside and when I turned around with my order I ran into him.” I answered giddily.

“No way!?”

“Yes way! I split my coffee down my shirt and we were going to take a picture but he didn’t want me to have me wearing a dirty shirt so he gave me his.  Here look at the pictures that we took.” I then showed her the pictures.

“I can’t believe it, the one time I’m not with you while you're here and you meet Niall Horan. It’s unfair. I’ve been here how long and haven’t even caught a glimpse of them. You’ve been here less than a week and you meet one of them.”

“I know. I can’t believe it either. Finally something good to happen to me.”

We just sat there for awhile talking about what just happened. “So what do you want to do with the rest of our day?” I finally asked.

“I don’t know, whatever we do won't come close to what just happened to you.”

“How about we just sit around here all day in our pajamas and do nothing like we use to do.”

“Sounds great to me!”