Chapter 13

The rest of the American leg of the tour went off with no problem and nothing really interesting happened until we got to Los Angeles. The boys didn’t have a show for a couple of days but they were doing a lot of TV and radio interviews. Before they had their first interview Paul came up to me and Niall. “I need to talk to you two.”

We both looked at each other with confused looks and I was getting nervous because I didn’t know what he was going to tell us. Niall grabbed my hand as we walked into the room that contained more people from their management team sitting behind a table. “Sit down,” one of the men said.

“You two haven’t done anything wrong and you aren’t in trouble,” Paul added. I relaxed a little bit but I was still worried as to why they wanted to talk to us.

“There have been pictures of you two together on the internet and people are questioning who you are and if you are together,” a woman said. “And we are guessing with all of the interviews coming up one of them is going to ask about the two of you. So Niall we need you either to start denying that you two are in a relationship or admit that you are dating.”

Then Paul spoke, “It doesn’t matter to us what you chose, we will let you decide, we just all need to be on the same page. And if you go public with your relationship just know that your life will change. You will receive hate and people will dig into your personal life even more.” I could tell he was talking to me even if he was looking at both of us. With that Niall stood us and pulled me with him as he left the room.

He led us to an empty room before he said anything. “So what do you want to do?” I could see he was upset about this because I know he didn’t want me to get hate just because I was with him and he wanted to protect me. I then gently grabbed him face in my hands and looked him in the eyes.

“I don’t really care either way. I didn’t start dating you because you were famous, so my feelings for you won’t change if people know about our relationship or not. I want to be with you, not Niall of One Direction, but I knew when we started dating I got you but I also got Niall of One Direction too. I am prepared to deal with everything that comes with dating you.” I then gave him a soft kiss. “I will let you decided what you want to do. I am okay with whatever you choose. Okay?”

“Okay, I will have to think about if I want to officially drag you into this crazy life of mine or keep you my secret.”

“Listen to this song and then make your decision.” With that I pulled up Anywhere with You by Jake Owen on his phone and left so he could listen to it.

When I was talking to Zayn and Harry, Niall walked up behind me, wrapped his arms around my waist and spun me around. He looked deep into my eyes and whispered, “thank you.” Then he just stood there and held me for a long time. He never did tell me what he had decided to tell everyone.

Later that day, the boys were performing and doing an interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. They sang a couple of songs and then sat down and talked to her about the normal stuff like the tour and upcoming album while I sat in the audience. Eventually she got to the questions that everyone wanted to hear about, their personal lives. “Alright so I know everyone wants to know the answer to this question, who is single?” Ellen asked them.

Niall turned and looked at me, almost asking for my approval. I gave him a smile and he just sat there, smiling, and leaving his hands in his lap.

“So you have a girlfriend Niall?” Ellen questioned him. “This is the first time you have admitted to being in a relationship since joining One Direction.

“I do have a girlfriend, and she is great,” he replied with a big smile.

“So is she this girl?” And then a picture of us holding hands, while we walked around shopping one day showed up on the screens.

“That would be her. Her name is Erin, she’s 21 and from the United States.”

“So you found an American girlfriend, what do the rest of the boys think of her.”

“We all love her. Her and Niall are perfect for each other,” Liam said.

“Yeah, they are quite similar and she is a great cook which Niall loves,” Harry added.

“And with her being from the US, she helps us practice are American accents because we make fun of her accents and mimic her,” Louis said.

“So you aren’t worried that she is only dating Niall so she can get famous or use him for his money?”

“No! She doesn’t have twitter or anything and doesn’t like to be in front of cameras, she tries to avoid them. She doesn’t like when Niall buys her a lot of stuff and they would much rather stay at home and eat and watch sports,” Liam said defending me.

 “And she likes to play video games with us too and is quite good at them,” Louis piped in. “She beats us quite often.”

Then Zayn said, “We are all just really happy that Niall has finally found someone that makes him truly happy. We all love her and so does Niall, so we would like everyone else to love her too and not to sent her any hate.” All the other boys nodded and agreed with him.

I was speechless after hearing what Zayn just said. Niall had never said anything like that. But if Zayn had said it, Niall must have said it around the other boys or they can see it in him because hadn’t heard it. After hearing what Zayn said, I was questioning myself and how I truly felt about Niall. However, I couldn’t help but smile after hearing what all of the boys had said about me.

After they had started to talk about something different, Niall turned and looked at me and winked. I took that as a sign that he was happy about the decision to tell everyone about our relationship. When they were done, the boys walked backstage so I joined them. When I found the boys, I gave them all giant hugs. “Thank you. You guys are the greatest.”

“We all love you. And since you are with Niall, we will protect you like we would our sisters,” Harry said. They then all grabbed me and pulled me into a giant group hug.

Shortly after they did the interview, they had to go to sound check and do meet and greets. I sat with Lou and waited for them to finish so she could get them ready for their concert that night. I was still thinking of what Zayn had said in their interview so I wanted to ask her about it. “Does Niall ever talk about me when I’m not around?”

“All the time, it can get quite annoying actually. The day of your first date when he was getting ready for the interviews, he was so giddy. He was really excited that he had found you again. He was so excited to be taking you on a date. Then when we left for tour and you were back in London, he missed you a lot. He was sad and didn’t talk much. And now, since you have been here, he has been really happy again.”

“Does he say anything?”

“Why do you ask?”

“Well in their interview, Zayn said that Niall and the boys loved me, but Niall has never seemed that serious or said anything like that around me.”

“He may not have said it yet out loud, but everyone around you two can see it. He probably doesn’t even know it yet himself. Remember, he’s not good with feelings and understanding them. Just give him time.” At this point we heard the boys coming down the hall.

Niall came in and gave me a kiss before sitting down in the seat next to me. They didn’t have much time before they had to perform so Lou got them ready and they were whisked off to go on stage.

The crowd was amazing and the boys had an amazing show but they all came off stage exhausted and Niall and I went back to our room. Niall changed out of his concert clothes while I was in the bathroom getting ready for bed. By the time I came out, I found Niall passed out on the bed. I didn’t want to wake him so I covered him in a blanket and crawled into the bed beside him. I kissed his chest and curled up next to him before I fell asleep too.