Chapter 26

“Flight 4211, now boarding for Sydney, Australia.” The lady announced over the loudspeaker. I stood and grabbed my carry-on bag and so did the boys and the crew of people flying with us. We walked onto the plane and took our seats waiting to depart. I was so excited to be going to Australia but I wasn’t looking forward to the 22 hour flight. I hated being in the car for very long and it was worse on planes. I actually hated flying but had no choice, so being on a plane that long was going to be the worst.

I settled into my seat next to Niall and dug out my book and iPod. I was planning to read for the first part of the flight until I could sleep for awhile and after that I had no idea what to do. But I’m sure by then the boys would be getting antsy and have something going on. I read for a couple of hours until they served us supper. Afterward Niall and I both reclined our seats to make a makeshift bed and talked until we both fell asleep.

In my sleep I could feel someone poking my arm. It wasn’t Niall because I could tell he was still asleep next to me. “Erin, time to get up.”

“Piss off Louis,” I never opened my eyes but flipped him off and rolled over to snuggle deeper into Niall’s chest, using the blanket to cover my head. I was always a little cranky in the morning especially if I was woken for no apparent reason. And right now was one of those times.

“But watching you sleep is boring.”

“I don’t care, I’m tired and sleeping makes this flight go faster so leave me alone and find someone else to bug before I smack you.”

“Fine, I will go mess with Liam.”

“Good choice.” I laid there for awhile trying to fall back asleep but it was no use. I didn’t want to get up yet so I took to watching Niall sleep and began drawing pictures on his chest with my finger.

“Morning babe,” I heard the sexy morning voice say next to me.

“Good morning handsome. How did you sleep?”

“Pretty good actually for being on an airplane. It's better to have you next to me. How much longer do we have?”

“11 more hours.” I said to him.

“What are we going to do?” He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

“I guess we could watch a movie on your laptop.”

“Why not?” I dug through my bag until I found a couple of movies I had packed. I asked him what he wanted and decided to watch Iron Man 3.

After we finished the movie, Niall went and sat next to Liam and Zayn and talk to them so I went back reading more of my book while I listened to my music.

I was reading for awhile before I felt my headphones being tugged from my ears. “Hey,” I yelled, irritated at the person that did it.

“What are you listening to?” Louis asked when he put the headphone to his ear. “Are you seriously listening to Shania Twain?”

“Yes, she has some good music and I grew up listening to her.” I said defensibly.

“No she doesn’t.”

“Well, I’m going to go sit by someone that appreciates my music choices.” And I stood up from my seat and went to find Harry.

“What’s up?” Harry asked.

I looked directly at Louis before I answer, “Louis is a big meany. He made fun of me because I was listening to Shania Twain.” Then I suck my tongue out at him and trying to hide my smile.

“He doesn’t know what he is missing. Come here and we can listen to her.” Harry took my one head phone and pulled me close to him and I smiled back at Louis showing him I won this little battle.