Chapter 61

After spending almost a week back in North Dakota with my family for Christmas we finally made our way back to London. School had started again, so while I spent most of my time either at school or studying, Niall was using his time to spend with Riley. Their final tour was starting in less than a month and with the new baby coming soon, Niall thought it was important to spend as much time as he could with Riley.

Riley was going with Niall wherever he went. Rehearsals for their tour, meetings, media things. No matter what Niall was doing, Riley was right by his side. And Riley loved every minute of it. He would come home exhausted each day but was ready to go in the morning again to whatever Niall had planned.

I dropped my bag by the door and removed my jacket before kicking off my shoes. The main floor was unusually quiet, especially when I knew Niall was home. His car was in the garage and his wallet was by the door so it wasn't like anyone had picked him up and gone anywhere.

Ascending the stair, I was planning to go to our room to change clothes but altered my course when I heard voices coming from the end of the hallway.

Walking towards the noise, I discovered it was coming from the room we had picked to be the nursery. I peered inside and found Niall, Zayn, and Liam painting while Riley was playing with Charlie on the floor. A darker gray color already covered three walls and they were working on the final one.

"What are you boys doing?" I asked when I pushed the door open further.

They turned to look at me. "You're home early, we were hoping to have it finished before you got home," Niall replied before giving me a quick kiss. He continued to hold my waist as he spoke again, "Wanted to surprise you with the room being completely painted," He said a little disappointed.

"My lab got done early but it looks really good." I picked at the spot of paint that was stuck in his hair. "You are a mess." He had paint smeared on his cheek and also on his clothes.

"We may have got into a bit of a fight when we were getting bored." I could see similar paint stains on both Zayn and Liam.

"And is that why you have a perfect hand print on your butt?" I asked Niall.

"No that's from when Louis stopped by. Sat down on the chair, told us we missed a spot, and smacked my arse, then left."

"Sounds about right for Louis. Just make sure everything gets cleaned up."

I walked around to have a better look at the room and see what they had accomplished. "What's the plan for in here?" I directed to Zayn.

"I'm not telling you. The only reason anyone is allowed in here right now is because I needed help painting and I don't see any harm with you knowing the room is gray. But after this is done I'm locking everyone out and only after it's all finished will you get to see it." He continued to paint along the ceiling.

"As long as you don't spray paint my walls."

"No I promise not to spray paint anything. I have it all planned out already and I think you'll love it."

"Thank you Zayn." I placed a kiss on his cheek.

Niall started to push me towards the door. "It's time for you to leave though. These fumes aren't good for you and the baby."

"Fine, I'll go down and make supper for everyone. Anything you boys want?"

"Whatever you make will be great," Liam replied.

That night I was lying in bed while Niall was in the bathroom just finished up from showering. He walked towards me with a concerned look on his face. "Will you look in my hair right here and tell me what I'm seeing is just a spot of paint I missed and not what I think it is." He pointed to an area of hair near his right temple.