Chapter 72

When the alarm on my phone went off, I rolled to my side and started to bang my hand around the end table until it came in contact with the ringing device. Clicking it off, I laid on my back staring at the ceiling, trying to wake myself up.

After laying there for several minutes dosing on and off, hearing Finley crying on the baby monitor told me it was time to actually get up. I stepped into my slippers before shuffling down the hall, wiping the sleep from my eyes as I went. After I finished yawning, I leaned down to pick him up. "Hey little man, why so upset?" I knew he wouldn't answer me but I asked him anyway. The moment I picked him up though, I could instantly smelled the main reason why he had woken up. "I wouldn't be happy if my diaper felt like that either, let's get you a new one." I laid him down on the changing table and undid his onesie, reaching for a new diaper and wipes before I undid his diaper. When the smell made it to my noise, I held my breath until I had him cleaned up and the diaper was placed in the bin. "What did you eat yesterday?" I commented more than asked. After he had a new diaper on, I redid his onesie before I settled into the chair by the window. "I bet you're hungry now, aren't you?"

Once he had latched on, I relaxed, resting my head against the back of the chair while allowing my eyes to close. He grunted periodically, letting me know he was satisfied. I patted his diaper covered but as he sucked away, filling his tummy.

I had relaxed so much I didn't notice when Niall entered the room. "Your phone was contently ringing so I answered it. It was an automatic message from your school, you don't have class today. They cancelled because of the weather," he informed me.

I pulled back the curtains to look outside. "It's not even that bad out, we would have never gotten out of school for something like this at home."

"I think it's supposed to be worse over there but it doesn't really matter since you get the day off. Do you have something you want to do now that you're home today?"

"Why don't we go out for breakfast? We never really get the chance since I'm either heading off to school or I want to sleep in on the weekend."

"Sure we can do that. Is he done?"

He had slowed down and when I looked at him I could see he was barely sucking anymore and had almost fallen asleep. "Yeah I think so."

"Why don't you hand him to me and I'll burp him and get him changed out of his jammies so you can get ready."

"Okay thanks honey," I passed Finley to Niall before kissing his cheek as I walked off to our bedroom.

After I changed my clothes, I walked into the bathroom and was combing my hair when Niall came in carrying Finley. He reached for me so I took him from Niall, then continued to brush my hair with my free hand. In the mirror I could see I didn't recognize the shirt Finley had on so I set my brush down and read what his shirt said.

"Niall!" I yelled once I finished reading. I marched into the closet where Niall was pulling a shirt on.

"What?"

"Niall, Finley cannot wear this shirt. Where did you even get it?"

"Louis found it."

"I should have guessed. He is wearing a shirt that says 'Dad's jealous because I got boobs for breakfast and he didn't'."

"Come on, it's funny and true. Please?" He begged.

I glared at him, sizing up the competition, "Fine, but know this means war."

He smirked, "I look forward to see what you find."

After Riley woke up and all four of us were ready, we were off to the nearby café for breakfast.