Chapter 75

This is pretty much a whole chapter of Niall dad fluff

Niall's POV

When the bed dipped beside me, it was enough to wake me from my sleep. "Hey sweetheart, what time is it?" I mumbled as she crawled under the covers.

"A little after two, I'm sorry I woke you. I was hoping I could sneak in without you noticing." She replied as she laid down next to me.

"No its okay, I'm glad I get to see you for a few minutes today. Did you just get home?"

"No, I came home around midnight, then sat in the office and studied a little longer."

"You could have woken me and I would have come sat with you."

"No you've been helping around the house so much, you need to sleep."

"It's only a couple more days until finals are done," I said to reassure her.

"I know."

"I love you." She smile but was too tired to reply. Her lids hung heavy as she tried to stay awake. "Now get some sleep, I'll see you in the morning." Sliding, I kissed the end of her nose as her eyes closed.

She had been studying so hard these last few days I barely had the opportunity to see her. She'd wake up early to go to school and then wouldn't get home until late at night. I felt terrible for her knowing how much she wanted to be home with us but she had to study and here wasn't the best place for that. I tried to ease her stress by doing as much as I could around the house. If the boys had made a mess, I made sure to have it cleaned so she didn't feel she had to when she arrived home. On top of it the boys kept asking me where their mom was because they missed her too.

She had already fallen asleep next to me. Not wanting to wake her, the only thing I did was grasp her hand in mine before I fell asleep again.

The next morning when I heard her alarm ringing early in the morning she quickly turned it off. I'm sure trying to not wake me too. So when she went to get ready, I decided I'd go make her a nice breakfast because over the last few days she hadn't eaten well. Relying on granola bars and snacks are her source of energy.

As the eggs cooked in the pan Erin walked into the kitchen. "What's this?" She asked.

"Breakfast, sit down and I'll bring it to you when it's done." She smiled before pulling out a chair at the island. With the little sleep she had gotten recently, the exhaustion had started to wear on her. Her head resting in her hand, dark circles under her eyes as she watched me cook.

"Here we go," I said setting the plate down in front of her.

"Thank you Niall," she smiled weakly.

"I know you've barely had time for food these last few days so I wanted to do something to make your life a little easier."

"Oh Niall you do so much for me already. You've basically had to be a single dad recently so I can study. I can't thank you enough to make up for what you do for me. I love you so much and how great you are to me." She leaned over to kiss me.

"I just hate seeing you like this."

"Only two more days." She took a bite from her eggs. "My last test tomorrow doesn't look to be quite as hard so I think I'm going to come home a little earlier tonight so I can spend a little time with you and the boys while they are still awake."

"Okay, I'll make sure to have supper ready when you get home."

She finished her food before she grabbed her backpack and was off to school again.