Chapter 27

After a quick stop in Japan for a few days, we were finally home after a long tour. Even though we were only home for a couple of days, it was great to be home. We both dropped our bags by the front door and walked back to our bedroom. We both flopped down on the bed, not even caring to change our clothes and fell asleep almost immediately.

We awake about two hours later and I decided I should do some laundry before we left in a day for Ireland because we needed some of the clothes. I was crawling out from the bed when an arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me back to the bed. “10 more minutes, please.”

“No Niall, I have to get the laundry done so we have clean clothes to wear when visit your family.”

“We don’t need to wash them, we can take them home and have my mum wash them. Stay in bed with me.”

“We are not making your mom wash our dirty clothes! That is not her job. Plus I’m going to go make some lunch.”

“If you are making food then you can go.”

“That’s what I thought.” I grabbed our suitcases and brought them back to the bedroom. Whatever I didn’t have to wash or didn’t need to go with us to Ireland I would throw on top of Niall, making him yell because I disturbed his sleep. But if I couldn’t sleep because I was doing his laundry, he couldn’t sleep either.

After I started the first load of laundry, I went to the kitchen and started to cook some lunch. I changed the loads of laundry and grabbed a plate of food and went and sat on the bed next to Niall. “Where’s mine?”

“In the kitchen.”

“Nah, you can just give me some of yours.” Niall said as he reached over for my food.

I turned the fork in my hand, ready to stab him if needed and glared at him. “You try, and I will stab you with this fork. Are you prepared to lose your hand over food?”

“Take it easy, I will get my own.” He said as he left the room. He returned with a plate full of food and climbed back into the bed with me. We enjoyed our food while we watched some TV.

After I started the next load of laundry, I returned with the basket of clean clothes. “Here, fold these.” I said as I throw all the socks and underwear at Niall.

“Why do I have to fold them?”

“Because most of them are yours anyway and I have to fold your shirts and pants.” We spent most of the afternoon finishing the laundry before we packed our bags again for our flight in the morning.

We woke early in the morning, grabbed our suitcases and headed to the airport again. It was a short flight and once we landed Niall rented us a car. He lifted the bags into the back of the car and we began the last bit of our journey to his home.

Niall jumped out of the car, grabbed my hand and basically drug me to the front door. To say he was excited to be home was an understatement. As soon as he saw the Welcome to Mullingar sign a big smile formed on his face and had gotten jumpy in the car. He had missed being home and seeing his family so much.

He didn’t even bother to knock, he just busted through the front door. “Dad, we’re here.” He yelled into the house as we took off our coats. I heard footsteps coming down the hall before I saw Bobby emerge and embrace Niall in a huge hug.

“It’s wonderful to see you again.” Bobby said as he hugged me.

“It’s great to be back here. Didn’t have much time the last time we were here.”

“When is Greg going to be here?” Niall asked, excited to see his brother and nephew again.

“They are going to be here in about an hour and then we are going to have supper with your mother.”