Chapter 68

I was sitting on the couch feeding Finley when Liam walked onto the bus, not worrying about knocking since most of the time no one ever did. As soon as he saw me, his face turned a bright shade of red and he stumbled over his words, trying to back off the bus, "I was..Niall...clothing...I'm just going to go. I'm sorry." He turned to leave but I stopped him. "Liam come back here," I demanded.

He stood in front of me but refused to look at my face. Instead looked at the wall, the floor, or Riley playing on the floor, anywhere but me. "Liam you can look at me. I'm feeding my child, nothing else." His eyes slowly moved until they connected with mine. "What do you need, you mentioned something about Niall?"

"The clothing department needs Niall for a fitting for his award show suit."

"He's in the bathroom and should be out shortly. Why don't you sit down and wait?"

He sat next to me and watch the cartoons that were on but he looked over at me several times. A confused look on his face every time he glanced my way.

"Liam do you have a question?"

"No," he lied.

"I can see you do and there is no way what you want to asked Niall hasn't already asked."

"Does that hurt?"

"Breastfeeding?"

"Yeah does it ever hurt?"

"Sometimes, when he tries to bite or they get sore. But it hurts worse when I wait too long to feed him."

"Okay."

"That's all you wanted to know?"

"Yeah." He turned his attention back to the TV.

We waited a little while longer until Niall was finally finished. They both left and I was left on the bus with Riley and Finley.

"Riley can you grab a new diaper for your brother?" I asked after Finley had finished eating.

"No!"

"Please honey, mommy needs your help right now." I was currently sitting on the floor changing Finley's diaper and the moment I had gotten it changed he decided he needed to go again so I was in need of another one.

"No!" He crossed his arms and stared back at me.

"Fine." Standing up I walked to where we had the diaper box sitting and grabbed another one.

Once he was changed, I sat on the couch and played with Finley while he rested on my legs.

"Mommy, where's daddy?" Riley questioned me.

"He's getting his suit fitted."

"Go see him?"

"We can't, he's busy honey. He'll be back in a little bit," I explained.

"But play with him now," He demanded.

"You can play with him when he gets back."

"No play now."

"Riley he can't play, he's busy."

"No!" His bottom lip began to come out and I saw the tears pooling in the bottom of his eyes.

"Riley please don't cry. Daddy will be back soon."

My trying to calm him clearly didn't work because the moment the words left my mouth Riley threw himself to the floor and started to wail. I was forced to lay Finley down to tend to Riley.

Riley was throwing his arms and legs around, making it hard to try and calm him down. "Riley please, you're going to upset Finley," I tried to soothe him but only made him more upset.