Chapter 33

At two in the afternoon the next day, I got myself and Riley ready and we headed to Niall’s house. When we arrived he happily greeted us at the front door, hugging both of us. I set Riley’s stuff down inside for when the boys watched him later because I didn’t want to take it with us.

 I decided we could take Riley with us because I didn’t think we would have to worry about fans where we were going and it did involve him too, so I gave Riley to Niall while I moved his car seat from my car to Niall’s. I was fine driving but Niall didn’t trust mine car and insisted we take his. I tried to convince him to let me drive but he wouldn’t allow it.

I got the car seat into the Range Rover and Riley buckled up and told Niall in what direction to start to drive. I told him when he needed to turn but it was frustrating him that I wouldn’t tell him where we were going yet.

We drove awhile until we pulled into the parking lot at a university. Niall had a confused look on his face when I got out and grabbed Riley from the back seat. “Can you finally tell me why we are here?” He asked.

“I went back to school after I had Riley and I decided I would apply to some veterinarian schools and see if I got in to any. And I happened to get accepted into a couple of them so now I have to decide what one I want to go to so we are here to touring this one to see if I like it and want to come here.”

“You applied here?” He questioned excitedly. “Like you would go to school here and live here?”

“Yeah when I was picking schools I wanted to apply to, Katie convinced me I should try for here just in case we got back together and because I did like living in London and it’s a good school.” We began to walk towards the admissions office. “And if I decided that I want to come here, I would have to move here again.” A smile had formed on his face when the thought of me and Riley being in London with him.

“This would be amazing if you went to school here.” He placed his hand on my back as we continued to walk into the building.

We walked into the admissions office and were greeted by a smiling girl not much older than myself. “Hi I’m Amanda and I’m the person who is going to give you your tour and I will try to answer any questions you might have.” We introduced ourselves to her before we started. “I know you stated in the email you sent us that you had a son and were wondering about daycare for him so I will take you there first.”

She lead us down some hallways and though the building. Amanda told us about a few interesting things along the way. Niall turned to me as we walked, “Why does he need daycare if you live with me?”

“Even if we do live with you, there will be times when you are busy or on tour that he will need someone to watch him while I’m in class.” We stopped in front of some glass windows and looked in and saw a brightly colored room with a few other kids in and toys all around.

“So this would be the daycare and where your son would be. It is only for the students and staff member’s kids and the cost is much cheaper than normal daycares would be. If you would like, we can go inside and have a look around and you can leave your son here and they will watch him while we take the rest of the tour. It can get quite long and I don’t want you to have to hold him the whole time and then you can see how he likes it too.”

We walked in and looked around a bit before I left Riley with the workers and we continued on with the tour. We walked around the building, Amanda answer all mine and Niall’s questions. He probably ended up asked more questions than I did. After we were done, we were taking back to the daycare so we could pick Riley up before we left. Niall carried him while I carried his bag and the folder they gave me with different information on the school.