Chapter 17

We were taken to the place of the award show so the boys could practice for it. We were there for awhile and when they were finished we were heading back to our rooms. I got into one of the cars with Louis and Zayn and some bodyguards and I thought it was really strange because Niall, Liam, and Harry were in a different car. Most of the time, all of the boys would travel together and Niall for sure always rode with me if we had to be separate.

Both of the cars pulled out of the parking lot and head back but I noticed our car was driving much slower than the other and pretty soon I could no longer see the other car. Then Louis made us stop so he could go to the bathroom even though the hotel was only 10 minutes away.

“Why are we taking so much longer to get back?” I asked.

“I think they needed to stop and get gas or something,” Zayn replied but I could tell he wasn’t telling the truth because he wouldn’t look at me and played with his phone.

We drove the rest of the way to the hotel and when I was about to go into my room, Louis grabbed me. “I need you to help me with something.”

“What would that be?”

“Uhh, help me pick what I am supposed to wear tomorrow. I can’t decide.”

“Now I know something is up because you would never ask me to help you decide what to wear, you have people that help you do that. Is that where the other boys are, planning something?”

“You’re right they are doing something, but just come to my room for awhile. We are supposed to distract you for awhile so Niall could plan something, but we obviously didn’t do a very good job. So can you just hang out with us until he is finished getting ready? Please. Pretend like we did our job”

“Fine. I just feel like I’m in trouble or something because I can’t go to my own room.”

"You are far from in trouble. I promise you that." We went to Louis’s room and talked until there was a knock on the door. “Alright you can go back to your room now.”

I walked out of Louis’s room and down the hallway to my room. I opened the door and I found Niall standing there with a beautiful bouquet of roses and a candlelit dinner on the table. I walked to Niall and took the flowers from him and set them on the table so I could hug him. “You know you didn’t have to do this. I forgave you. I know you are sorry for what happened and I trust you that it will never happen again.

“I know. I just wanted to do something nice for you since you deal with all my shit. My crazy lifestyle and all the things I put you through. And plus we haven’t had a real date in awhile.”

We sat down at the table and enjoyed the meal he had set up for us. After we finished our dessert, Niall spoke, “I got you something to show how much you mean to me. I know you aren’t big on wearing jewelry so I got you something simple.” Niall dug a velvet box out that he had hidden. I opened it to find a simple gold bracelet that had a small heart on it. He was right, I didn’t like a lot of jewelry but this was absolutely beautiful. I was simple but perfect. He took the bracelet out of the box and he placed around my wrist.

“It’s perfect.” I then stood and walked around the table and gently sat on his lap. I took his face in my hands leaned in to kiss him. When he pulled away, he stood us up and led me to sit on the bed.

“I have one last thing for you, just sit right here.” He walked over to the door and the other four boys entered. He then picked up his guitar and began to play. They started to sing Gotta Be You.  Even though Niall doesn’t have a solo part in the song, he was the only one I could look at. By the time they were done, I had tears in my eyes as the other boys left are room.