Chapter 47

Since One Direction weren’t on tour, they were working hard on finishing they’re next album. Niall spent most of his day at the studio while I took Riley with me to school. We would both come home tired but it was nice that we were together. It was also nice to have Niall home to help with more wedding stuff done. It had been hard trying to decide what he would like when he was in some other time zone. He was better with some things than with others. He was really excited when we picked out flavors for the cake and what foods to serve at the reception. But when I asked what type of flowers he liked I got the response “White ones.”

Although I did feel bad for Harry. He was still weak and couldn’t really walk without some kind of help. And he had a hard time singing. He could maybe do a quarter of what the others could do. And I know he was feeling bad because he felt like he wasn’t pulling his weight and he was worried about not being able to perform well in a couple of weeks when the shows started again.

After my last day of class before my spring holiday, I came home and found Niall laying on his back on the couch flipping through the channels. I kicked off my shoes and hung my coat up before I took Riley, who was asleep in my arms, up to his room so he could nap. When I came downstairs, I approached Niall and laid down directly on top of him. I rested my cheek on his chest and wrapped my arms around him. He returned the action and wound his arm around my body and rested his large hands on my back. I didn’t say anything for a long time so he finally asked, “Bad day?” I only nodded. “Do you want to tell me about it?”

“No.” I said weakly.

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t.”

“Does it have something to do with me?” I didn’t answered. “What did I do?”

I was slow to answer. “It’s nothing you did.”

“Than what is it?” I still didn’t answer. He took my chin in his hand and gently lifted it so I was looking at him. “Erin please tell me.”

I swallowed before I answered. “It started off when I stopped to get gas on the way to school. A couple of fans say me and followed me to school. When I got there they sort of swarmed the car, and it was scaring Riley. They tried to talk to me but I had to get to class so I ignored them but then they got mad. Well some of my classmates saw it. Then they started to tell me the only reason I got into school was because I was with you and I didn’t deserve to be there.”

“You and I both know that isn’t true. You got in because you are just as deserving and smart as everyone else there. You worked hard to get where you are, not because of me. Especially since we weren’t even together when you got in. You just go out and prove to them you are supposed to be there.”

“Thank you.” I gave him a kiss and laid my head back down on him.

We stayed like that for a while long before Niall spoke again. “Now you know I love you and everything so don’t take offense to what I’m about to say.” I looked up with a suspicious look. “You really stink.”

“Oh I know I smell, it’s from anatomy lab. You know it’s bad when I can smell myself. I’m going to go shower.” I gave him a quick kiss before I crawled off of him. I stopped before I left the room and asked, “You coming?”

“But I don’t smell.” He replied.

“I know and Riley should be out for another hours so you can still join me.” I winked before I began to walk to our room. I heard him coming behind me so I started to run up the stairs but he caught me when I reached the top and caused me to fall to the carpet. He straddled my hips and started to attack my sides causing me to squirm. “Niall stop. You know I hate getting tickled.”