Chapter 7

On our way back to Niall’s place we talked about pretty much everything. We talked about my family, hobbies, and what life was like growing up in North Dakota. Then we talked about what it was like in Ireland when he was growing up. When the conversation began to slow, he reached over and grabbed my hand and held it. The rest of the car ride we sat in silence holding hands.

When we pulled up to Niall’s place, we climbed out and he led us in.The first thing I did once we were inside was take off my heels.  “Oh, thank god, I can finally get out of these shoes.”

“Don’t you like heels?”

“Not particularly. I mean I wear them when I have to, but I much rather prefer to wear tennis shoes or cowboy boots.”

“Good, because I don’t like you in heels either. They make you taller than me.”

“You have a problem with me being tall than you but not older,” I said while laughing at him.

“Yes, now don’t make fun of me because I’m short,” he said while laughing. “Do you want something to wear before we start the movie? I sure that dress can’t be all that comfortable either.”

“Sure, I would love to get out of this dress.”

“Why don’t you pick out a movie to watch while I change and get you some clothes. I’m sorry I don’t have many movies that you probably like to watch.”

“Nah, don’t worry. I don’t normally watch movies that most girls like to watch. I’m not one for chick flicks, I mush rather prefer to watch an action or comedy,” I told him while I put the movie The Avengers in.

“Thank god, because then I don’t have to watch them either, I can’t get into them. It sucks when Harry picks the movie because he normally picks one,” he said while coming into the living room carrying some clothes for me. “Here, the bathroom is down the hall.”

I went to the bathroom to change into the pair of gym shorts and t-shirt that Niall gave me. I came out and he was sitting on the couch drinking a beer. “Here I got you one too,” he said while handing me a beer.

I sat down next Niall on the couch while he started the movie. As we were watching, out of the corner of my eye I could see that Niall kept looking at me. “What are you looking at?”

“You.”

“Why, is there something on my face?”

“No your face is perfect. But you should be closer to me.” With that he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to his chest. We finally relaxed with me resting my head on his chest and his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

We sat like that for about half of the movie until Niall decided that we needed popcorn and he needed another beer. He came back with a bowl of popcorn that we started to eat immediately even though we just had the large supper not that long ago. We sat and watched the movie and ate the popcorn for awhile before Niall spoke, “Erin?”

“Yeah?” I tilted my head so I was looking up at him.

“Can I kiss you?” he asked while looking down at me.

“I think it is a strong possibility,” and he leaned down and gently kissed me. “For future reference you don’t need to ask before you kiss me.”

He smiled and leaned down and kissed me again. This time it was more intense, and eventually he had moved us so I was laying on the couch and was on top of me. He started to kiss down my jaw and neck. He moved his hands under my shirt and he pulled it over my head. He then moved his hands to the waistband of my shorts. He started to move them down my hips before I grabbed his wrist.

“Niall stop. We can’t, I’ve never done this and I’m not ready too,” I said embarrassed.

“No it’s my fault. I should have asked you first, I’m sorry for pushing you.”

“It’s okay. I’m just not ready for that yet. Give me some time and then maybe we can, okay?”

“Okay. I can wait. Just let me know when you are ready or if you need anything from me.”

 “I will,” I said while giving him a reassuring smile. We laid back down on the couch and finished watching the movie. “I should probably get home,” I said while standing up.

“I will take you then.”

“You can’t drive. You have had too much to drink. You had some wine at with dinner and now a couple of beers, there is no way I am letting you drive. I will just call a cab.”

“No way are you taking a cab home.”

“Then how am I suppose to get home, walk?”

“No, you could just spend the night here with me.”

“What?”

“Yeah, just spend the night.”

“I can’t spend the night.”

“Why not? Katie already said it was fine.”

“I don’t know. And just because she said it was okay, doesn’t mean that I think it’s okay.”

“Please,” he said almost begging. “I promise only cuddling, nothing else. Pretty please.”

I grabbed my phone and started to text Katie.

“What are you doing?” Niall asked me.

“Texting Katie.”

“Why?”

“Telling her not to worry about me, that I’m spending the night at your place.”

“Yay!” Niall cheered while jumping off the couch.

He led me back to his bedroom and I went into his bathroom to get ready for bed. I washed my face as Niall walked into the bathroom. He leaned against the doorframe and watched me as I undid my hair so it fell into loose curls around my shoulders. “Even though you looked amazing tonight in that dress with your hair and makeup done, I can’t help but think you look even better with your hair down, no makeup on, and in my clothes.

I smiled back at him and grabbed his hand as I walked into the bedroom. “That’s good because this is the me you are normally going to get. I don’t normally like to dress up.” I crawled into the bed before Niall spoke up.

“We have a bit of a problem.”

“What now?”

“I normal don’t like sleeping with any clothes on.”

“I think you have spent too much time hanging out with Harry, but that is not happening. As long as all of your things are covered, I don’t care what you sleep in.”

He smiled and pulled his shirt over his head leaving him in his gym shorts. He turned the light off and laid down beside me. “Goodnight.”

I turned over so I could kiss him before I went to sleep. “Goodnight Niall.”

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled closer to his chest. He gently kissed my hair before we both drifted off to sleep.