Chapter 2

“Time to get up sleepy head,” Katie basically yelled in my ear as she jumped on the bed.

“No, I’m tired,” I mumbled back pulling the blankets further over my head.

“It’s 10 o’clock. We’re burning daylight and you need to go sightseeing.”

“Yeah, 10 o’clock here which makes it like four back home.”

“Come on, I made you breakfast.”

“Fine.”

I got up and got dress, only putting on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt since I didn't care at this hour in the morning. I walked into the kitchen where I could see Katie had made me toast. I same tells me they made breakfast, I normally think of something more than burnt toast.

"Where are we going today?” I asked as I sat down at the table.

“I was thinking about we could go see Buckingham Palace first since I know you like the royal family so much and then we will go see some other things.” She replied.

“Maybe Prince Harry will be there and we can see him.”

“I actually don’t think he's here. I believe he is in America for some reason.”

“Really the one time I am out of the United States and in London, Prince Harry is in America. Well isn’t that just my luck.”

After we finished breakfast, we headed out to go sightseeing. After a full day out in London, we headed back to Katie’s apartment to eat and go to sleep. Tonight it didn’t take me long to fall asleep since I was up so early and walking so much.

The next morning I woke up at 9. Maybe I was already getting use to the time change. I didn’t hear Katie in the living room. Normally she would have some music on too loud or TV would be turned to some early morning news. I walked into the kitchen to find a note on the fridge for me.

Erin,

I had to go into school for a little bit to talk to my professor about my paper that has to be submitted by Friday. I should be home by 3. There is plenty of food for you. Make yourself comfortable and watch some TV. Tonight I am taking you out to a club so we can party.

Katie

I just sat around all day waiting for Katie to come home, I ate a bunch of  junk food and watching weird British TV shows. At three thirty Katie came walking through the door. She sat down next to me on the couch and stole some of my chips.“Are you ready to go out to a real club tonight, and I hope you don’t mind but I invited my boyfriend Kyle to come with us,” she asked nervously.

“No not at all. I've been hearing all about him, I’m just excited to finally meet him so I can put a face with the name. And it will be good to not go to a little bar where the only people there are old farmers drinking at the end of the day like back home.” I said.

“I know, I’ve heard clubs here are so much better.”

“So where did you meet Kyle again?”

“Well, we had a class together and I talked to him a few times and then I went to a museum to do some research for a papaer and he was working there and gave me a tour. He told me his dad owned it and forced him to work there. In class the next day, he sat next to me and said he had fun with me and asked me on a date,” she said smiling. “He will be here at five so we can go eat and then go out.”

“You know this is the first time that both of us are legal to drink together because we were both too young at home. I better go get ready then since we only have like an hour before we need to leave.”

We both went to our room and started to get ready and an hour later there was a knock on the door. I saw Katie running down the hall so I assumed it was Kyle.

Then I heard a man’s voice, “Hey babe, how was your day?”

“Better now that you’re here.” Then Katie yelled down the hall, “Erin, come here, you need to meet Kyle and then we can leave.”

I walked into the kitchen to see a blonde, slightly curly haired guy standing there. He came over to me, “Hey, you must be Erin. Katie talks about you all the time.” He then grabbed me and hugged me. I was a little taken aback. I wasn’t use to guys being this forward. “We're basically family because I feel like I know so much about you, and in my family we hug.”

“And you must be Kyle, I’ve heard a lot about you too.”

“Well guys it’s time to leave, we can talk more over dinner.”

We grabbed our coats and purses and left to go to the restaurant. It wasn’t far from the apartment so we just walked there. When we finished eating, we got a cab to take us to a club so we wouldn’t have to worry about having a designated driver or leaving the car there.

When we arrived there was a long line outside. “Why is there such a long line, there is never a line on a Monday night?” Katie asked.

Kyle replied, “I don’t know, let me get out and ask.” Kyle then got out of the car and walked up to the guy at the door. They talked for a little bit and then he walked back to the car. “He says there is a group of celebrities in there and a lot of people showed up to meet them so we will have to wait for them to leave or have other people leave before we can get in. So what do you want to do?”

“Hey, maybe it’s One Direction and we can meet them.” I said excitedly.

“Highly unlikely, I have been here for seven months and have tried to meet them and have never even seen them.” Katie replied sadly.

“Well maybe that’s because they have been on tour and working of their last album but I think they have like a week break and then have a few concerts in London so maybe they will be here right now.”

“Why don’t we just go to a different club because who knows how long they are going to be in there or how long we will have to wait before we can get in there.” Kyle said breaking up our hopes of meeting One Direction.

“Fine, let’s just go have some fun. I’m ready to get drunk.” Katie replied.

I have no idea what time we got back in from our night out at the club and honestly I didn’t remember much from the night either. The only thing I did know was that we had a fun time and the next day I woke up with a pounding headache. Kyle had spent the night so it allowed us to get to know each other better. He was a really nice guy and I can see why Katie liked him so much. They were prefect for each other.

The next few days we toured the city some, did some shopping, and caught up on the stuff we had missed with each other since she moved here. Then she asked, “So why do you think you don’t want to go back to school and finish up your undergrad and go to vet school.”

“I don’t know. I just spent the past 16 years of my life in school and I feel like I haven’t got to have a life besides school,” I replied. “Maybe if I take a year off or so, I will be refreshed and want to go back to school and at least finish my undergrad. Then I will decide if I want to go to vet school or not.”

“I know, but you only have one year left, you have to finish.”

“I don’t know, maybe after this summer I will go back.”