Chapter 35

The bed shifted beside me causing me to wake up. I could hear Riley’s cries down the hallway. I was about to crawl out of bed to get him when Niall stopped me. “You stay here, I’ll go check on him.” He gave me a quick kiss before he moved the blanket off himself and exited the room. I looked at the clock to see it was only a little passed six. We didn’t have to leave for a couple of hours so I laid back down.

A short while later Niall returned with a tired Riley in his arms. “Needed a diaper change but I took care of that. Then he told me he wanted a family cuddle so I brought him in here.”

“I’m sure he told you that.” I smirked at him.

“He did when he asked for his mama.” He said as he laid back down on the bed next to me. He rested Riley on his chest and pulled the blanket up to cover both on them. “Come here and join us.” Niall opened his arm so I could move closer him. I rested my head on his shoulder and rubbed Riley’s back with my hand. “I have all I could ever need right here.”

“I know, I could stay here forever with my two favorite men.” I looked up at Niall. “Do we have to go to your work today? I don’t want to.”

“Me neither but we have to. But not for a couple of hours so go back to sleep.” He kissed my forehead as I snuggled closer into his side.

We finally got up when Riley began to fuse because he was hungry. We got out of bed and while I fed Riley, Niall made us breakfast. After we ate we, got ready to leave. I packed up Riley’s things he would need during the day and when he was at Liam’s later.

The nerves had started to form in me when we were putting Riley in his car seat. When we were driving to the studio, I looked out window and played with my hands trying to distract myself from what was coming. Niall reached over and grabbed my hand and held it in my lap.

When we pulled up to the studio I stayed sitting in my seat and Niall looked over at me when I didn’t move. “Sweetheart are you okay?”

“Yeah I’m fine.”

“Don’t lie. You’ve been chewing on your bottom lip and biting your fingernails since we left home. I mean I think it’s cute when you do it but you only do it when you’re nervous or some is on your mind so tell me what’s wrong?”

I picked at a spot on my jeans. “I’m scared. What if they won’t let us be together?”

“There is nothing they can do that will make me leave you.”

“What about the band?”

“I made that mistake once, I won’t do it again. They can’t use the band against me and this time we have the lads with us. They’ll support us.”

“Are you sure?”

He took face in his hands and leaned and softly kissed me. When he pulled away he rested his forehead against mine and looked deeply into my eyes. “Yes. I promise everything is going to be fine so are you ready to go in?”

“No but we have to get it over with.” I unbuckled my seatbelt and Niall grabbed Riley from the backseat and we walked inside. He grabbed my hand as we were entering the building and rubbed his thumb over my knuckles in reassurance. The other guys were already there and were sitting around the room on some couches waiting for us. Harry stood up first and hugged us while the others said their hellos and good mornings to us.

When the boys finished greeting us, I turned to see a couple of the people from management watching us with stern faces. “Niall we want to talk to you alone, follow us.” One of them said. Niall looked at me and handed Riley over before he kissed my cheek. He whispered I love you in my ear before he followed them.