Chapter 24

Today I was meeting with Katie because we hadn’t seen each other in awhile and there was something that she wanted to show me. After Niall had left for the studio in the morning, I hopped in my car and drove over to her place. I walked up to the house I use to live in and knocked on the door. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, the door flew open and I was engulfed in a huge hug. “Oh my god, I missed you so much!” Katie squealed in my ear.

“I know, I missed you too.” I said as I hugged her back. “So what is it that you have to show me?”

She pulled me into the house, where I quickly removed my shoes and coat before she continued to drag me to the living room. On the couch, curled up was a tiny, fluffy, white kitten. “Isn’t he cute? Kyle surprised me with him for our anniversary.”

“He is adorable, but I thought you wanted a dog?” I said while petting him.

“We did, but Kyle thought with our busy schedules a cat would be easier because we could leave it at home for longer and not have to worry about taking him out. His name is Snowball.”

“That is such a unique name. However did you come up with it?”

“Shut up, I thought he looked like a snowball from home.”

“You were always the worst at naming the animals when we were growing up.” We sat on the floor and played with the new kitty until he was tired and curled up on Katie’s lap. I stayed for awhile longer and we talked about everything we had been up to.

I decided it was time for me to leave because I was meeting with Liam. I was meeting with him while Niall was out with a couple of friends, to talk about what we were doing for Niall’s birthday party. He claims he didn’t want to do anything and would be fine to sit at home all day, but neither Liam nor I wanted to do that. We went to a restaurant to get lunch and then talked about our plans.

We had decided we would make Niall believe I was just going to take him out for supper but really the boys and a few of his other friends were going to meet us there. Liam did give me a few present ideas I could get for Niall also.

When we were done, I left to order a cake for the party and then get his presents. I ordered him a cake that was shaped like a guitar and had different designs on it that were important to Niall, like an Irish flag and four leaf clover and also the One Direction symbol.  After I order the cake, I bought his present and then hurried home so I could wrap them and hide them before he got home.

I had just finished putting my clothes back after I hide the presents behind them when I heard the front door open and close. I walked out of the bedroom to find Niall lying on his stomach on the couch. “Long day?”

“Yeah.” I knew by how he didn't say much he didn’t want to talk about it. Most days the first thing he would do is tell me all about his day. I sat down on the couch next to him and picked up his head. I placed it on my lap and started to play with his hair. Shortly after I heard Niall's soft snores coming from my lap. I lifted his head, placed a pillow underneath him and went into the kitchen to make supper.

About an hour later, Niall woke up and walked into the kitchen to grab his food. We sat down at the table and ate most of the meal in silence before I asked, “Do you want to talk about today?”

“They told us as soon as this album comes out in two months we have to start on the next one because they want to get most of it done before the next tour starts. They also added a bunch of dates to the tour so it’s going to be longer and we will have less breaks. And to make it worse, they are thinking about limiting the amount of time family and friends can visit us on tour because they claim they distract us and the fans don’t like to see girlfriends with us.  So the tour is going to be longer and I get to see you less. They think it will help us focus and please the fans more.” He said with a pouty face.